04. untold fairytales

. . . And as the last moments of dusk were slipping by, the incandescent Sun gently dipping downwards so that the Moon could make herself seen, they kissed, lips meeting as hands found themselves meandering around slender bodies. Amelia did not feel fireworks, neither did she feel the sparks flying, but she was sure she would treasure this moment with the little amount of life that she was graced with. Having her beloved's lips on her own, the moment had felt nothing but exquisite, like the world was on fire and they were the only people left. While the breath was being sucked out of her, she had a bittersweet smile on her face; she might not live as long, but the remnants of her life will always be there, with the person she cherished the most in the world. The Sun died down so that the Moon could exist, and so did Amelia Kwon, the last moments of her life woven into untold fairytales. 

Jaehyun was on the verge of tears. Really, he was pretty close to just combusting. Namjoon's writing had always moved him, but this was on another level. 

"So?" Namjoon prompted. He looked kind of nervous, and Jaehyun understood, because this was it. The final draft. The end to the trilogy.

"What do you mean by so? This is beautiful," Jaehyun replied, burying his face into the palm of his hands when he felt his eyes wetting. 

And look, this was the thing. Jaehyun had been made of when he was a kid, known infamously as the 'crybaby' when one of the pigeon chicks fell from its nest which was near the school and he cried really hard over it. He tended to cry a lot, easily overcome with emotions, and watching anime like Banana Fish and Attack On Titan did not help. At all. 

"H-hey, its, uh, alright," he heard Namjoon say, a hand rubbing on his shoulder. God, this was embarrassing. He could hear the awkwardness from the author's voice, and he immediately wiped his tears on the sleeve of his long-sleeved shirt.

"I'm sorry," he looked up, wiping away some of the leftover tears, "You got all that from a kiss?"

Namjoon almost choked on his Americano. Jaehyun's question wasn't invalid, though, because Namjoon had said that he needed help to write his kiss scene. And if Jaehyun was the one who helped him, then all that world on fire stuff. . .?

The author visibly blushed and scratched the behind of his ear. "I mean, I just needed to know how it felt. Plus, it isn't even that great, shut up. You'll have to edit it anyway, my dear partner."

"There's no way I'm changing any of that. It's so beautiful, oh my god."

And Jaehyun wasn't lying, because he was going to make sure no one from the editor's team at the publisher's changed even a single thing. Call him childish or whatever, but he was totally and indefinitely in love with this piece of writing. He was sure when the book came out, he would give a special place to it in his bookshelf back home.

( Yes, he had a huge bookshelf at home, which had about piles of books including the ones he'd edited. Duri even chewed out one of the books, and that was not a pretty day. ) 

this was so short omg. i tried my BEST with joon's writing but i'm pretty sure i'm still not able to do justice to him. i have exams + i'm moving houses so pls bare with the late updates.