XII

Angela’s POV

I met Cheryl and the girls at the mall and doing some retail therapy really helped take my mind off of everything. The girls even found a few gifts for Jacky, and Cheryl and I even found her a gift as well. But in the back of my mind, I was still wondering what could possibly be on the disc that Angela gave me. While we were walking around the mall, I explained to Cheryl about Angela visiting, but I didn’t want to go into full detail until we got back to her house and she thought it would be best if we watched whatever it was together. So, after shopping, we decided to order in. The girls wanted Chinese, so we ordered take out from their favorite restaurant and went to Cheryl’s house. I called Cassandra and told her to meet us at Cheryl’s house. Whatever was on this disc, I wanted my girls here with me. We’d fill Yolanda in when she gets back from visiting her mother. We arrived and allowed the girls to eat Doe’s room and we went into Cheryl’s office. I inserted the disc and pressed play. What we saw on the disc and heard on the disc took all of us by surprised.

*10 minutes later*

“WHAT THE HELL!?

“THIS BASTARD!

Those came from Cassandra and Cheryl. Me? I just sat there speechless. For the last 10 minutes, we watched Eric plot on how he was going to cause me to lose my medical license. He was going to try and say that I knew he was married and continued to harass him. He was going to go to the board with these lies and watch me lose my license. To make matters worse, he was going to wait until I accepted the promotion in Dallas, and he was planning on getting my daughter involved. He didn’t go into further details about Karen.

“How did you get even this disc?” Cassandra asked

I went ahead and filled both her and Cheryl in on what took place earlier at my house, so I told them everything.

“While Karen was at the mall with Tam, Doe and Cheryl. I got an unexpected visitor. It was Angela.” I begin explaining

“Angela? What did she want?” Cassandra asked

“She came over to tell me that she was not angry. She also revealed some heavy stuff. Eric is abusing her, and to the cherry on top, she’s pregnant.”

“WHOA!” Casandra and Cheryl said

“Yeah, I know. She wants to get away from him so bad, but she doesn’t have anywhere to go where Eric won’t find her. So, I decided to help her.”

“You’re willing to risk your job to help her?” Cheryl asked

“I won’t be risking my job. I have a plan to help her, and I keep my job. But Eric will never know what will be happening until after it happens. But there’s a slight problem.”

“That problem would be?” Cassandra asked

“We would have to move to Dallas sooner than originally planned.”

“How soon are we talking?” Cheryl asked

“Right after the Christmas holidays. That way Angela won’t be showing yet and Eric won’t know about the baby. She’ll have somewhere to live far away from that bastard and her and the baby will be safe.”

“How do you plan on telling Karen and the girls?” Cheryl asked

“I don’t know. That’s why I need you with me when I tell her Cheryl. Then we’ll figure out how to Jacky and Tam with Yolanda and Cassandra.”

“Okay. We’ll figure something out.” Cheryl said

“I’ll also let Yolanda know when she gets back in. That way we can figure something out and then run the plan by the both of you.” Cassandra said