*September 2000*

Karen's POV

*alarm clock goes off*

JUNIOR YEAR IS FINALLY HERE! Karen thought to herself and she got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to shower and do her hygiene. After she brushed her teeth, she hopped in the shower. She always gets up early every morning just so she can have a mini concert in the shower. It helps her to relax before she starts her day. Not even 5 minutes until her concert, she is startled by the bathroom door being burst through.

"Excuse me, Whitney Houston Jr. could you kindly finish up your set so you can help me with my hair?"

Karen peeped from behind the shower curtain

"Doe, have you ever heard of knocking?"

"When have you ever known for me to knock? Besides, it ain't like, I've never seen you naked before. Have you forgotten we're bestfriends and we've been through everything together?"

"How can I can forget? You never let me."

I said as went back to bathing before finally turning off the shower. I grabbed my towel before getting out of the shower only to see Dorinda in my Champagne Toast lotion from Bath and Body Works.

"Would you get out of my stuff!?"

"This smells good, you should let me have it."

"Yeah, no. Now get out and go wait at my vanity so I can do something to that birds nest on your head."

Dorinda leaves out while Karen finishes up. Dorinda sits at the vanity and puts in her The Notorious K.I.M CD in and turns up the volume.

Karen comes out of the bathroom in sweats and a sports bra and begins rapping with Kim.
"No Matter What People Say, We Got It Going On...."

"I tell you Kimmie Blanco know she put her whole throat in this album." Dorinda says

"That she did. Okay, what style are we going with today?"

"Hmm, let's go body wave today."

"Great. I love when you wear your hair down. I'm assuming Goddy is helping mom cook breakfast?"

"You already know."

Our moms have been bestfriends since basically the womb so it was only right that Doe and I grew up the same. Surprisingly, our moms were pregnant around the same time with me being born 8 days before Doe. But she acts like she's older. We both love singing, but I also do hair and dance while Dorinda specializes in makeup and drama. We both plan on having opening our own business together one day.

*45 minutes later*
"All done. Now let me tie it so your won't frizz before we even leave the house."

"Thanks boo. Now get dressed so I can do your makeup." Dorinda says

Going to her closet, Karen pulls out her outfit she had hanging up. She gets dressed and sits at the vanity so Doe can do her makeup.

"Work your magic sis."

"Say less." Dorinda says as she goes to work.

*20 minutes later*

"I amaze myself every time. You can look now." Doe tells Karen

"AHHH I LOVE IT!" Karen says

"Okay, let's head down to breakfast. My stomach is touching my spine." Doe says

"To be so skinny, you know you can put away food." Karen teases

"Don't hate on the shape." Doe replies