"You and me both." I frown before getting up. "But hey, thems the rules." I shrug dispassionately and start looking for my bag that I'd thrown on the ground when I first got here.

"I'll see you Monday. Same time same place, right?"

"Right." He doesn't look to pleased, and I'm sure I don't either. If it were up to me, we'd stay here all day.

"Bye Edward." I smile softly at him.

I turn around and start walking towards the exit.

"Wait," He grabs my hand and turns me around swiftly to face him.

I look up at his molten eyes. The colour almost swirling around in his irises, hypnotising me.

"Yeah?" I say dazedly.

He leans in closer, grips his hand against the back of my neck and hungrily presses his lips against mine, his other arm wrapped possessively around my waist

"I love you." He whispers against my lips.

Holy Fuck, the absolute brain I want to give this man. I mean the sheer knowledge I'd put down on him would be astronomical.

Edward quirks his brow in confusion.

"I love you too," I smile at him widely. I give him on last quick peck. "But I've got to go."

I reluctantly remove myself from his embrace

I walk a few paces away from him to put some distance between us, the electricity in the air static.

"Have a good weekend." I say over my shoulder.

"It will be terrible. I'll be too busy missing you."

"You are so dramatic." I giggle at him, still grinning as I duck under the beam.

I walk out from under the bleachers as inconspicuously as I can manage and hurry my way out of the gym and into the main halls.

.

Everyone's already in the parking lot so the halls are empty save for a few freshmen straggling by the staircase.

I make a beeline for the bathroom; Christine is driving me home and I want to make sure that I don't look like I just escaped a bear attack.

Pushing the doors to the girl's room open, I internally cheer once I scan its vacancy.

Staring at my reflection, I'm relieved to see that I don't look as dishevelled as I thought I did. The braids Christine's mom had done for me are still in the high ponytail I tied up this morning, and my t-shirt isn't rumpled from Edward's assault on it.

I'm in the middle of reapplying my lip-gloss when the door to the bathroom swings open revealing Great Value Daria herself, Bella Swan.

She pauses once she spots me, and I can't help but let a quick eye-roll slip through.

Great. There goes my good day.

"Hey." She eventually says to me, almost timidly.

I press my lips together and start packing up my belongings. I do not have to deal with this, especially on a Friday.

"Amiyah, wait." She calls before I push open the door.

I don't know why I stop. My mind is yelling at me to make like Speedy Gonzalez and let Bella eat my dust, but curiosity has me in a chokehold.

"What is it?" I say tensely folding my arms over my chest.

"Can we talk?"

"What are we doing now? Playing double-dutch?"