"You're finally here" I said, relieved and sat up to wrap my arms around him. "I was so worried" I mumbled.

He pulled away slightly to look at me, "You listened to me" He said looking surprised.

"I know that whatever you did there would have given me an excuse to stay away from you, but I don't want to" I finally confessed, "I might act like you annoy me but I like you and I want to be around you"

His gaze dropped and his hold on me loosened.

"I wish I wasn't so happy to hear that" He said. I frowned and he looked at me again, "I wish I didn't want you to be around me"

"Why?"

"Because I'm not any better than them" He whispered more to himself, looking down again, but I heard it.

"What?" I asked pulling away a little, but his hold tightened on me again and he smiled looking at me.

"Nothing" He said with a charming smile and leaned in, "Nothing will get to you or your family as long as I'm here" He said before pulling me in for a deep kiss.

And just like that, I'd forgotten about his previous sentence and I ended up falling asleep in his arms and waking up the next morning to find him gone with a text from him saying good morning and apologising that he couldn't be there when I woke up.

A few days had passed and Leo and I had been spending most of our free time together. There were some romantic moments and we were starting to get really close.

"What's got you so distracted lately?" Jane asked as we walked out of school.

"What do you mean?" I asked playing dumb.

I actually knew exactly what she meant. There were only two things on my mind today. The safety of my family and Leo.

So many questions regarding Leo.

Did I really want the answers? Couldn't I just ignore all the questions and live in my happy little bubble for as long as I could?

"I think she means you seem a little upset today. Is there something wrong?" Serenity asked.

"Oh nothing" I said.

"Does it have to do with Leo?" Jane asked.

"What? No!" I said defensively.

I really didn't want to talk about Leo with them. Not because I didn't want to. I wanted to. So bad. I was dying to talk to them about it, I just didn't know if it was safe.

"Okay! Relax" Jane said.

"I just didn't have coffee today" I said making up the excuse.

"We're here if you want to talk" Serenity said quietly.

I smiled at her, "I'm fine really" 

As we were walking out of the school, I saw a guy from the drama club approaching me. His name was Brad.

"Hey Tessa" He greeted.

"Hi, how have you been?" I asked putting a polite smile on my face.

"I've been good, but I've been wondering if you could help me with my lines from a play" He said.

"Sure. Do you want me to help you now?

I didn't think much of it since I was the drama club leader so of course he would come to me.

"Yes, if you can of course" He said.

"Sure, let's go" I said giving him a smile.

We went to the cafe I always go to, that's near the school and we sat together.