Prologue

"More like Keeper of the Peace

"More like Keeper of the Peace."
- Grace "She-Bean"

"My reputation precedes me

"My reputation precedes me."
- Minho

Soundtrack

The Power of Love - Gabrielle Aplin
   "The power of love, a force from above"

Ghost of you - 5 Seconds of Summer
    "So I drown it out, like I always do...dancing through our house with the ghost of you"

Look After You - The Fray
   "You've begun to feel like home"

R.I.P. 2 My Youth - The Neighbourhood
   "Sweet little baby in a world full of pain"
   "I was naive and hopeful and lost"

You And Me - Lifehouse
   "I can't keep my eyes off of you"

Infinity - Jaymes Young
   "Oh, darling, my soul, you know it aches for yours"

It was cold. That was her first thought.

The sound of something screeching broke her thoughts. It was dark wherever she was, with small flashes of lights, and smelled grimy. The girl groaned and turned on her side. Her eyes locked on a box that held several glass bottles. That was when she realized whatever she was in was moving. And it was moving fast.

Beads of sweat dripped down her head. It was odd because she felt cold. The metal container jolted, causing her hands to slip. Her head hit the ground, creating an echoing sound. The tips of her fingers gripped into the metal below her. Looking down, she realized there was no floor.

Fear raced through her. She was scared. No, she was terrified. It took her a moment to process the situation.

Where was she?

She had no answer. In fact, she couldn't seem to remember anything. Not a single memory, just knowledge. How did she know English? How did she know what dust smelled like? And how did she know the difference between cold and hot?