can he be simply here to comfort you?

zenon? comforting you? you're imaginations must've been overboard at this point. it's only been a couple of months since you last had a fight with him- a deadly one at that, after years of not meeting. yet here you are, acting as if you didn't almost kill each other on the past.

"alright, maybe not.. today. anyways, care to speak it out?" you blinked, lowering you head once more as a tired sigh escapes your lips.

"you can drop the act now, i'm not in the mood to satisfy your ridiculous shows." just the thought of it, your numb chest only tightened more.

zenon saw it, how your eyes lost it's glittering sparkles, how your actions were not as tensed while he sits right next to your vulnerable body, it was as if you're genuinely asking him to kill you.

which made him decide not to.

just the thought of you getting hurt by other means is already making his blood boil.

he's the only one that has the permission to hurt you, mentally and physically. nobody else.

"tell me."

"it's none of your concerns."

"speak, y/n l/n."

you raised your head up, eyes glowering under the moonlight, the thunders in the background roaring more louder

"my dragon is gone."

...

"and it is your brother who killed her."

silence.

zenon stared at you, with an emotionless face.

you hated it.

you despise him, and his siblings so much.

you rose up, walking away while zenon stayed still in his seat.

your steps halted, "and you're in no place nor status in my eyes to call my name with that surname."

with that, you disappeared like a bubble.

zenon figured as much, for a long time that he has been watching your steps, it is the first time of him seeing you look so down and depressed. adding in that that dragon who'd always tail you everywhere was not present this night.

and that look on his brother's face before sending him off for this exact reason, his guess was correct.

"as i expected.." the man sighed, "this is no easy task, dear brother."

"..yuno-!" william halts the boy who's just right to exit his office, turning to face the captain with a confused face.

it is always a serious matter whenever william calls his vice captain by the name, and yuno understands that well.

and the fact that he had only came back from a patrol near the outskirts of clover's border, yuno had a guess of his captain's thoughts.

"have you.. have you seen her- no, even just a glimpse." those hopeful saddened eyes bore into the wind caster mage, he hates to tell this yet, "i have not sir.. my apologies."

there goes the sparkle of hopes the masked captain had. as every second passed, his eyes became duller and duller, taking in a deep breath before dismissing his vice captain and thanking him.

the vice captain left the room with a upset heart, both in his captain's state and the disappointment in himself. he was there at that moment and he couldn't do anything but watch, he had regrets too.

william sat back on his desk, staring blankly to the written reports waiting for him to finish.

the scenario of the day frost passed infront of him started flashing back in his mind. he was the one to who protected the dragon, there was nothing else in his mind but the safety of the creature inside the roots made by his own magic.

yet he failed, and he knew that it was unforgivable.

but he can't help but hope, deep inside his heart he knew it wasn't only him who felt the warmness and excitement whenever you two were together back then, the heartbreaking fact is- "back then".

hundreds of thoughts was running on the captain's head, all including you.

a loud knock was heard, almost breaking william's door as the said man flinched.

taking in a breathe before shaking his head lightly, composing himself back together and telling whoever is outside to come in.

to vangeance's not-really-surprise, it was no other than yami. with the usual smug yet chill expression, the dark magic mage entered the room, suddenly showing some proper manners and closing the door behind him calmly.

"yo." yami greets, raising his right hand with his left one holding the cigarette in his lips.

confusion was shown in the masked man's face, "what bought you here, captain yami?"

"i unknowingly.. hmm how do i put this.." the dark magic caster pretended to think, placing a hand on his chin before smirking at the other captain's confused face.

"i found something that might change this misunderstanding between you- actually no, between us and lady cinderella." with a smirk plastered on yami's face, william could only stare at him upon hearing another ridiculous nickname made by the captain infront of him.

vangeance felt the rush of emotions up his spine, yet the funny look on yami's face and the way the dark magic user's eyebrows raised up and down continuesly as if teasing- was enough to make the masked goldie to laugh.

"hah- but in all seriously, where did you pick up that nickname? couldn't you be more original..?"

"i'm yami mother fucking sukehiro, that's just how my character is.. honestly sometimes i hate myself too- but booze exist so i live."

˚ 𓆩 ❃ 𓆪 ˚

i can't write yami's
character seriously 😭
-lexi