11

"Y/N? what are you doing here? you're supposed to be resting." charlotte beamed in her usual tone, after reminiscing everything that happened, you immediately flew with your dragon.. here. the blue rose's hq.

"i am very much fine, thank you for worrying and i'm sorry.." you lowered your head, afraid to look anymore longer into her eyes from your humiliation.

"what are you apologizing for? come, have a seat.. and also, i don't believe that you are really alright. you look pale and exhausted." she gestures you to sit infront of her and asking for another tea- "excuse me.. can i have black coffee instead? thank you." the maiden smiled with a nod then left.

"coffee? when did you ever liked the taste of caffeine?" charlotte knows that you're not a big fan of the bitter drink yet you, yourself isn't sure why. you suddenly craved for something bitter and caffeine is really what you need.

you gave the woman a shrug with a small smile "i guess i like it now." you can't tell her that it's just something you 'suddenly' want, she won't take it and would bug you more for the answer you also don't know.

"anyways, what's so important that you'd have to come here instead of resting? your body clearly needs it."

the sun has almost set and she knows you don't leave the mansion whenever it's about to get dark, something must be unusual.

"i just.. wanted to ask, how i.. got back here?" you lowered your head once again, the guilt and shame eating you whole right there. you don't even know how you managed to face her right now.

"you don't remember?" she asks, complete confusion plastered on her face. ".. i remember getting ahead of myself and fighting a member of the dark triad alone.. and the next scenarios has been blurry." you answered.

you waited for a reply or any explanation but nothing, she wasn't moving and was just staring at her tea cup.

'she's.. dozing off?' you thought.

a minute or two, the maiden came back with your coffee, gently placing it near charlotte's making the woman finally snap out of her thoughts.

she flinched a little making the maid flinch aswell, when charlotte noticed, she mumbled a lot of apologies as you tried your best not to laugh.

the captain clears her throat, dismissing the maid and thanking her as you did too.

"apologies, though where were we?" she asks and you just sip your drink innocently.

charlotte stared at you as you enjoy the coffee, slightly turning her head to the side due her confusion. the first time she asked if you liked coffee, you answered with all the bad and hate words you could ever mutter but here you are now, sipping the bitter drink happily.

"enjoy your drink.. i guess." she says before picking her tea up and sipping slowly aswell.

as you finally finished the drink, you gently placed the cup down and released a sigh of content.

"alright, will you tell me what happened?" you asked, patiently looking up at her as if your inner soul has awakened.

charlotte sighed before speaking "i'm afraid but i also-" but got interrupted by your dragon growling worriedly as something inside your small backpack that you left on her back, did small vibrations.