17

"is that a swing?" your eyes widen, e/c hues sparkling with excitement.

"oh look! a pretty lady!" one of the kids ran up to you, tugging at your hand gently. "hello pretty miss, would you like to play with us?" she points at where she came from with more kids running around.

you're currently.. lost and had found yourself near a playground where a lot of small sunshines are currently enjoying their time.

'i can't be that far off from where the mission is taking place, spending time with these sweethearts won't hurt.' you thought, that's a lie.

you've been wandering around for about half an hour now and your dragon was with william.

lady y/n- her. can't just simply deny a small sweet little precious.

"of course honey, what are you guys up to hmm" you answered with the most smoothest voice you can muster out, and the wide smile on the kid's face looked so brightly adorable making your day ten times better.

-

william was the first to notice your presence missing. he was going to fetch your dragon and attempt to find you with her, but after witnessing the precious beast sleeping peacefully with- guessing his vice captain's whirlwinds, the man didn't want to disturb the creature.

and so the captain found his way to a small group of houses near the main village, there's about five standing shelters near and a kids playground where william had found you, playing with the kids with an adoring smile and an expression full of joy plastered on your face.

vangeance decided to stay hidden and watch you run around, yours and the childrens laugher ringing around the place like melody.

the man was so lost in his thoughts to where he didn't notice a kid going up to his direction and slightly flinched when he felt someone hold his hand as it tries to pull him out of his hiding spot.

"hello mister! please play with us!" the small boy says in a loud voice, taking yours and the other kid's attention.

as your sight meet william's figure, your eyes sparkled more- if that's even possible.

a sudden rush of happiness goes through you as you laughed historically, "hey william! c'mon look, these kids are so adorable and nice!" followed by your giggles.

william saw how genuinely happy you were, and he couldn't help but feel the radiating joy around you too. as you two played with the kids.

the sun was slowly setting and unfortunately, these sweet ball's of sunshines needed to go back to their homes.

you were now left with the captain, as the sun set infront of you two while you swing next to him.

"i guess the lady y/n actually has a soft spot for children huh." william spoke up, you giggled at his remark.

"who wouldn't, honestly. kids are such precious beings, their innocence and gentleness is something i adore so much." you sigh, looking up at the setting sun.

william chuckled, "i was honestly surprised as how the kid had found me hiding, he has surely not met me in the past and.. didn't even thought twice if i were a threat or not.. and nonchalantly asked me to play."

"how i wish maturity won't ever ruin their amazing imaginations and how.. beautiful they think the world is. i always wonder, why can't the world just be as amazing as what the kids think?" you continued.