Y7 .。.:*༄ The Lovegood Fiasco

Start from the beginning

"Niff," muttered Harry, "now's not the moment-"

"But Harry, it's an Erumpent horn!" said Hermione. "It's an extraordinarily dangerous thing to have in a house!"

"The Crumple-Horned Snorkack," said Xenophilius very firmly, "is a shy and highly magical creature, and its horn-"

"Mr Lovegood, I never play this card, but I'm Newt Scamander's granddaughter," Y/N said, terrified, "that's an Erumpent horn and it can erupt by the slightest touch-"

"I bought it," said Xenophilius dogmatically, "it's a Christmas surprise for my Luna." at this, Y/N frowned slightly, but said nothing.

"Well, it will put you and your Luna in danger," Hermione pushed on.

"Now, why exactly have you come here, Mr Potter?" Xenophilius ignored her completely.

"We need some help," said Harry, before Hermione could start again.

"Ah," said Xenophilius. "Help. Hmm. How can I help you, Mr Potter?"

"Well, actually," Harry cleared his throat. "It's about something you were wearing around your neck at Bill and Fleur's wedding."

"It was a symbol," Hermione added.

Xenophilius nodded solemnly and reached into his shirt, pulling out the exact necklace they were referring to.

"You mean this?" He lifted the symbol to their eye level, glancing between their faces and the necklace.

Hermione and Y/N looked at each other excitedly.

"Yes," Harry replied, Y/N could sense the enthusiasm in his voice as well. "What is it?"

"What is it?" Xenophilius repeated, looking surprised. "Well, it's the sign of the Deathly Hallows, of course."

Y/N was expecting him to say something unusual, but she couldn't help but frown in curiosity.

"The what?" Hermione raised her eyebrows.

"The Deathly Hallows," said Xenophilius. "You haven't heard of them? I'm not surprised. Very, very few wizards believe."

"I'm sorry," said Harry, blinking blankly. "I still don't really understand."

"I assume that you are all familiar with The Tale of the Three Brothers?" Xenophilius set aside his empty teacup.

Harry said, "No," but Y/N, Ron, and Hermione said, "Yes."

Xenophilius nodded gravely and glanced vaguely around the room at his endless piles of books.

"I've got a copy, Mr Lovegood, I've got it right here," said Hermione, and she pulled out The Tales of Beedle the Bard from her small beaded bag.

"Well then, why don't you read it aloud?" Xenophilius suggested. "Much the best way to make sure we all understand."

"Er... all right," said Hermione nervously. She opened the book and began to read. "'There were once three brothers who were traveling along a lonely, winding road at twilight-'"

"Midnight," said Ron. Hermione shot him a look of annoyance. "Sorry, I just think it's a bit spookier if it's midnight!"

"Go on, Hermione," Harry encouraged before she could open her mouth to respond to Ron.

She cleared her throat and started reading again...