Y7 .。.:*༄ The Lovegood Fiasco

Start from the beginning

He did as she suggested, handing her the Cloak to stow in the beaded bag.

Y/N then knocked three times on the thick black door.

Barely ten seconds passed, then the door was flung open and there stood Xenophilius Lovegood.

He was barefoot and wearing a stained nightshirt, his long white candyfloss hair was dirty and unkempt.

Xenophilius had been positively dapper at Bill and Fleur's wedding by comparison.

"What? What is it? Who are you? What do you want?" he cried, looking first at Hermione, then Ron, and then at Harry. His eyes widened.

"Hello, Mr Lovegood," said Harry, holding out his hand. "I'm Harry, Harry Potter."

Xenophilius did not take Harry's hand but continued to stare.

"I heard about what happened, Mr Lovegood," Y/N said quietly. Xenophilius, Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at her questioningly. "I'm so sorry about Luna-"

"Miss Scamander!" Xenophilius exclaimed, before backing away. He looked as though he'd seen a ghost. "But I thought- I thought you were-"

"Dead, yes," Y/N grinned. "I'm just Y/N's spirit wandering around, see, look how see-through I am-"

Hermione shot her a look. Y/N quit her grinning and lowered her head.

"Would it be okay if we came in?" asked Harry, "There's something we'd like to ask you."

"I'm not sure that's advisable," whispered Xenophilius. "I... I'm afraid I don't really think I ought to-"

"It won't take long," said Harry, slightly disappointed by Mr Lovegood's welcome.

"I- oh, all right then." The man looked slightly exasperated. "Come in, quickly. Quickly!"

The interior of the house was... well, not surprising.

Y/N looked around the circular kitchen room in interest, noticing that everything was curved to fit the wall.

In the middle of the floor was a spiral staircase leading to the upper levels.

There was a great deal of clattering and banging coming from overhead.

Harry wondered what Luna could be doing.

"You'd better come up," said Xenophilius, still looking extremely uncomfortable, and he led the way.

The room above seemed to be a combination of a living room and workplace and was even more cluttered than the kitchen.

Floating gadgets were everywhere, and Y/N could spot at least ten broken pieces of furniture.

"Take a seat," Xenophilius muttered, gesturing towards the bright yellow chairs.

Y/N caught Harry's hesitant gaze, before lowering herself onto one of the chairs. The others did the same, and so did Mr Lovegood.

"Why have you come here?" Xenopihilus asked the second they all sat down.

Before Harry could speak, however, Hermione let out a small cry of shock.

"Mr Lovegood- what's that?"

She was pointing at an enormous, gray spiral horn, which had been mounted on the wall at the other end of the room.

Y/N being Y/N Scamander, recognized the horn immediately. Her grandfather would be proud.

"It is the horn of a Crumple-Horned Snorkack," said Xenophilius.

"Oh, that's no Crumple-Horned Snorkack horn, Mr Lovegood," Y/N said grimly, feeling suddenly unsafe.