Part 25

Alex doesn't respond for a few seconds. I watch his head hoping for movement or some sound to come from its direction. Eventually his head lifts and his eyes catch mine for a second. He shifts them to focus on the floor a couple inches in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I'm dramatic" he tells me with a small forced smile, rolling his hoodie sleeves down. The sleeves reach past his hand as he wipes his face on them, newer tears getting absorbed by the fabric. His eyes look redish and slightly puffy which causes me an unexpected upset feeling throughout my whole body that wants to cry with him.

"No you're not. You're a ghost who found himself 25 years in the future, almost got ghost killed because he didn't join a club which the guy he liked lured him to, started dating that guy coz you can't help feelings and now you've just been told to leave for safety or something but with no information of safety from what and the old clues suggest to not believe the guy. Alex you have every reason to be stressed if you've gotta let it out I'm here for it." I comfort, moving my hand from his back to the shoulder furthest from me. He leans sideways into me, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Thank you" the quiet words wouldn't have been audible with the struggle of talking while crying but his mouth was now only an inch or so from my ear making the whisper easily audible to me.

"Anytime, really Alex no matter what I'll be your shoulder to cry on- literally" I give a small smirk at my remark. A small sense of achievement sets in when I hear a very small laugh under his breath.

"We're going. We're gonna go see willies friend and find Reggie's parents. There. I made the decision. Now if something happens it's my fault" words fall out my mouth, my strong desire to make Alex happier taking over. "It was unfair to put that decision on you in the first place. I took the decision it's my problem now"

Alex takes a deep breath and tilts his head to look at me, "thank you" he sits with his head, his lips, inches from mine. Our eyes lock, a swirling anxiety and excitement pouring into my stomach.

My eyes flick down to his lips and when I look at Alex I see him do the same, my mouth drying in anticipation.

"Alex?" Willies voice ruins the moment, both of us quickly pulling back and looking in opposite directions away from eachother. I stare at the wall, wanting to look at Willie but feeling like I should remain looking away from Alex.

"I couldn't find you" Willie says, his voice becoming louder and clearer so I assume he's walked closer to us. Alex gets up from beside me and I finally turn my head to watch the two of them.

"I was here" Alex shrugs, indicating towards the drum kit where he was when Willie had first gone looking. Willie nods and glances at me then back to Alex, his face hard to read. Did he see that. Did it look how it felt. Like we were going to..

"Can I talk to Alex alone." Willie says in the form of a question but it's not really one. He makes eye contact with me and I get up giving him a small nod not wishing to cause another disagreement or further the conflict. I knew the main reason I had a distaste to Willie was because he had Alex.

"Sure." I mutter, walking to the garage door then turning to give Alex a flash of a smile to try make him feel a little better. He smiles quickly back and that satisfies me enough to walk out, shutting the door behind me.

I walk back to the house, my mind racing full of things I should've said, done, the butterflies, whether he felt it to.

And what was he going through with Willie now?