Part 17

None of us had hesitated to agree when Julie suggested we all watch a film but the debate over what to watch had taken a little while. Alex and Reggie had quickly suggested Disney and as much as I loved to pretend I didn't like Disney that much because I'm too cool for it, I couldn't stop myself from rooting for what Alex wanted and quickly caving in.

The quest to chose which Disney movie had proven a little more difficult though especially with everyone's indecisiveness. While they debated between frozen, Lilo and stitch or bolt, my mind drifted to weather I should move to the seat to sit by myself to watch. I could tell the three of them were going to cuddle up and as much as I wanted to do that with them cuddling with Alex would only make my feelings stronger and I was beginning to worry they were already too strong.

I stand to move, unintentionally bringing their attention to me. I pause feeling to awkward to make an excuse to move to a different seat when we could all squeeze onto this one.

"I don't want you guys squished during the film so I'll take one for the team and sit in the chair" I laugh, stepping towards the chair and dropping them a friendly smile.

"No way." Alex's hand grabs mine and pulls me back down next to him on the couch. "We don't mind being a little squished, you're sitting here Lucas." He ruffles my hair and I wiggle to get my head away from his hand, ignoring the part of me that found it kind of cute and relaxing.

"Fine" I give in, unable to argue with Alex especially not after the electricity that shot through me when he held my hand. "In fact you chose the film, we chose Disney and we can't decide" He nudges me.

"I still think we should watch Lilo and stitch but sure Luke can chose" Julie agrees, passing me the remote. I look down at it trying to go over how to use it in my head so I didn't look like too much of an idiot when selecting the film.

I stall for a few seconds and scroll through Disney+ trying to pick one. I'm drawn towards frozen for Alex but I don't wanna pick favourites.

"Why does he get to pick" Reggie whines, sinking down in his seat and sulking childishly which I can tell is half a joke and half him being his dramatic self- that I love. "You remind me of bolt. You're like a puppy with all the- jumpy around and getting easily excited. So it's basically a film about you." Reggie insists, a grin on his face like he's sure he's won me over.

"Yeah- imma- put frozen on." I decide, clicking the movie and instantly loving my decision when a small content 'yess' came from Alex warming my insides.
"Only coz Lilo and stitch kinda sorta makes me cry and the bolt thing was weird."