Part 20

Alex PoV

I slowly gain consciousness outside of my head and open my eyes, escaping from the dream of a memory, my favourite dream to have. I dream every time I sleep since the stamp lifted, like some weird side effect. It's normally a weird dream or a memory which I don't mind but the nightmares scare me. Sometimes when I wake from them I consider waking Luke for a hug and comfort but given our past and my boy friend it feels wrong.

I lift my head becoming aware it was resting on something hard yet comfortable. I turn to learn it was lukes shoulder, my eyes meeting his as he gave me a soft smile that made butterflies spawn in my stomach. I'm probably just still kinda tired.

"Well good morning sleepy head" he laughs and ruffles my hair I groan slightly, my reflexes slow in my half asleep state. Once I push his hands away and give him a joking glare of irritation, I sit up and reach for my phone.

"Willie texted" Luke informs me, spiking a feeling of panic through me when I realise I never let him know I got home safe. I was so busy teaching Luke to skate and everything else that texting Willie completely skipped my mind.

"I texted him back don't worry it's all good" he reassures me, seeming to sense my panic as his hand goes to my back and rubs slightly for a second before pausing and turning into a quick friendly pat.

"Thanks" I respond, typing my passcode in to read the conversation anxiety still kicking in telling me to text Willie. I quickly read through the messages and smile a little at Willies sweetness. I smile again to myself when I think about Luke choosing to text Willie for me when he didn't need to.

"What is with your passcode?" Luke asks, pulling me from my wholesome thoughts and making my eyes flick onto him instead of my screen. "They seem like random numbers but you asked for them specifically" he adds to explain his curiosity.

"They're not just random numbers" I laugh, leaning back still looking at him, our eyes meeting. "It's the date I met you"

He lets a small breath out his nose in a kinda surprised manner, his eyes staying on mine. My facial expression changes involuntarily from a smile to sucking on my bottom lip slightly. Part of me feels a little nervous but most of me feels some homely warmth.

I swear I see his eyes glance at my lip for a second but maybe it's wishful thinking. My head starts filling with thoughts and flash backs, especially if that night.

I slump down inside, bringing my knees to my chest as tears brim in my eyes. I feel so stupid for getting so excited over a kiss. Who was I kidding, he didn't like me, I was probably more like an experiment to see what kissing a boy was like.

A drop rolls down my cheek, my chest tightening and making it harder to breathe. The thought of him kissing somebody else always hurt and I'd seen him do it before but none of that could be compared to the pain of watching him kiss her right after we'd kissed. It was like saying it didn't really mean anything to him. He probably regretted it. Now I do too. I should've kept it to myself like I had for years. But I know my feelings won't die.

I'll always love Luke.