Maybe They Were Right?

Start from the beginning

The ones missing are Maggie, Lori, Carl, T-Dog, Carol, and Freya. 

Rick starts giving out orders, worried about his son and pregnant wife.

But, everyone’s gaze instantly goes towards a door when the sound of crying breaks through every little thing.

A baby’s cry.

Carl and Maggie walk out of the prison, but there is no Lori with them.

Rick breaks down.

“NO! NO! NO!” He yells, rolling onto his back on the ground, everyone watches with saddened hearts at the loss of one of theirs. 

After awhile, Daryl bends down to Rick and snaps his fingers in front of his face, no response.

Rick suddenly grabs a hatchet off the ground and goes into the prison, everyone watches.

“Let me see the baby” Herschel says, they give him the baby. Daryl looks at the squirming child.
“We got anything a baby can eat?” Daryl asks, Herschel says she is healthy but she needs formula soon.
“Nah, not her. Ain't losing noone else” Daryl says, focusing on his new task of making sure this baby lives. Plus, he knows Freya would be mad at him if he focused on her instead of the new vulnerable human. Him and Maggie go to a daycare that’s a bit away.

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

Carl stares at his baby sister in his arms. Thinking of names for her. They’ve been waiting for Maggie and Daryl for a short while and the baby is hungry. Rick hasn't come back yet. 

Daryl and Maggie suddenly enter the prison, they give Beth the baby formula and Daryl holds the baby. 

"She got a name yet?" Daryl asks, Carl starts listing names of all the women they've lost in their group. 
"...Lori….Freya" Daryl internally flinches at that and the guilt of not being able to protect the young girl who chose to stick to him like velcro fills in. Daryl looks back at the baby after he is given a bottle with formula. 

"You like that sweetheart, huh?" He says, rocking slightly as the baby eats the formula. 
"Little Ass-kicker" He says to her before looking back up at the smiling group. 
"That's a good name" He says, looking around the cell block, realizing Freya would get a kick out of this and she'd never let him forget. 

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

Freya's POV 
2 Days Later

I groan and the feeling of throwing up attacks me,  moves onto her side and starts coughing.

“My stomach hurts” I cry out when T-Dog pulls me into his side. Carol makes a small groaning sound as she leans on the door.
“She’s dehydrated” I whisper, my eyes drifting close.
“We all are….” Theo says, the last of his sentence goes unheard by me as I finally fall asleep.

Or pass out. One of the two.

Flashback/ Dream

"Duaneeeeeeeee, give it back" I pout, Duane sighs with a small smile and gives me back the paper I was drawing on, Morgan walks in the living room and tells us to turn down the lanterns. A walker herd again.

Sighing, I put away my drawing and sit up next to Duane. 
"Daddy is warmin' up some beans for dinner" Duane says, making me nod. 
"Warming, Duane" Morgan says, Duane sighs but nods. 
"Why don't you two go get more blankets from that room earlier" Morgan tells us, we get up and go get the blankets.