December 30th

Snake knew it was wrong, but after yesterday he didn't want to leave Scott alone. He just hoped that Scott wouldn't freak out when he saw he was asleep in the same bed as Snake. He let out a soft sigh as he watched the younger one, feeling awful about the day before and blaming himself for it. Snake gently shook his head as he rolled over and tried to get more sleep.

.:.

"Snake?" He let out a small groan as he tried to ignore his name being called, feeling comfortable and warm. "Wake up!" He slowly opened his eyes and saw the side of Scott's face, suddenly realizing their position. Snake was spooning Scott with his arms wrapped tightly around the younger ones waist. He quickly released Scott as he sat up, Scott mimicking as Snake felt his cheeks heat up.
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't want to leave you alone last night and the couch was getting uncomfortable-"
"It's... it's fine, just as long as you didn't fuck me." Snake let out a sigh as Scott gave him a smirk.
"No, I didn't." Scott just let out a chuckle as he got up and headed out of the bedroom, leaving Snake alone with his thoughts. Idiot.
Snake got up, grabbing his green bandana and following. He was sure his cheeks were still slightly pink, but he tried to push that to the back of his mind. He found Scott seated on the couch, holding Snake's shirt up to nose and seemingly taking in the smell. Snake said nothing as he walked past, heading to the kitchen.
He started up the coffee machine as he pulled out his phone, suddenly getting an amazing idea.

Snake: Hey Russ, are you and our crew busy tomorrow?

Russ: I'm free, and I'm pretty sure Chey and Cry are free, not sure about the others though. Why?

Snake: I wanted to invite you guys over, Jund's never celebrated New Years with anyone.

Russ: aw, cute, we'll be over 2 hours before the ball drops.

Snake: Cute?

Russ: One word

Russ: Snund

Snund? What the hell was Snund? He brushed the thought away, Russ liked to tease and confuse people from time to time, Snake just assumed this was one of those times. He moved to the fridge and pulled out a package of bacon as well as a carton of eggs. He silently moved to the stove and set the items down before searching the kitchen for a cookie sheet and tinfoil, growing frustrated when he found everything but the two items. "Need help?" He glanced over and saw Scott leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest, a smug grin on his face.
Snake narrowed his eyes slightly before leaning against the counter. "Yes, and how long were you standing there?" Scott got up as he moved towards the stove.
"Long enough to see you look like an idiot." Snake rolled his eyes until Scott opened the oven, a whole bunch of pans and cookie sheets filling the space. "Mom ran out of cupboards to put shit in, so she moves all this back and forth."
"Are you serious?" Asked Snake, wondering why he didn't check there after he couldn't find them.
"No, not at all, in the middle of the night I managed to get out of your cuddling and shoved them all in the oven." Scott's voice was dripping with sarcasm as Snake turned and looked away, blushing deeply. He had been told before that he clung onto people if he slept with them --Cry didn't stop talking about it for months when they woke up tangled together-- hence why he tried to sleep at the very edge of the bed with his back to the younger one. "Of course I'm serious, I'm not a complete ass." Snake remained silent, hoping Scott wouldn't notice his blush as he took out a cookie sheet and pulled the other ones out, setting them off to the side. "Aw, you're blushing."
Snake turned and sent a small glare. "Aw, you're unfazed I was spooning you." Snake blushed again but at least this time Scott was as well.
Snake pulled open a random drawer and was thankful it happened to have the tinfoil, he quickly covered the sheet before placing the bacon on it. "Why..." Snake glanced over at Scott, "why did you sleep with me anyways?"
Snake swore he was a nervous schoolgirl with all the fucking blushing he was doing. "After yesterday I didn't want you to wake up in your room and freak out or have a panic attack or something. So I brought us to my room and went to sleep with you, I swear I did nothing and it was good intentions." Scott remained silent for a moment before he looked back up at Snake.
"In all honesty, I was actually awake for half an hour before I woke you." Snake blinked in surprise as Scott moved and jumped up to sit on the counter. "When I woke up I was confused, I could feel something behind me and soft, warm breath on the back of my head. I looked over and saw you fast asleep and holding onto me," Scott blushed and Snake mimicked, it was Cry all over again, "I thought about waking you up but you had dark circles under your eyes so I assumed you were up a lot and I wanted to let you sleep." Scott stopped to catch his breath, looking down at the floor. Snake took this as his chance as he turned on the oven and slid the bacon in. "After a while I, uh, well um," Scott's face went bright red, "I needed to get up because I had to, um, go to the bathroom." Snake knew what he meant, seeing as that was his excuse many times.
"So in other words you got a hard on." Scott remained silent, Snake glanced over at him and saw Scott was staring at him, his cheeks a dark shade of pink.
"Y-yeah." Snake looked away quickly.
"I'm sorry, I made this awkward." Snake felt awful for saying that out loud, the poor kid didn't need for Snake to say what he was thinking.
"It's... it's fine." Scott mumbled, Snake refusing to look at him. They remained quiet as Snake made breakfast, both unsure of what to say or do. Snake moved beside Scott to get plates, trying not to look at the younger one. He was successful until he heard a quiet "fuck it" from Scott, he glanced over and suddenly soft lips pressed against his own. Snake was frozen for a minute before setting the plates down and pulling Scott close, feeling Scott wrap his arms around his neck as he wrapped his own around Scott's slender waist. When they broke apart, they gently rested their foreheads together.
"I've wanted to do that all week." Snake mumbled, Scott letting out a small laugh before giving Snake a quick peck on the lips.
"So the feeling was mutual." Snake gave a soft smile as he brought Scott into another kiss, he never felt this feeling before. He had girlfriends in the past but this felt leagues ahead, this felt right.
Snake gently parted from Scott, grabbing the plates and walking over to their breakfast to dish it out. He glanced to the side as Scott came up beside him, the younger one smirking slightly. "So I get all the bacon and eggs, right?" Snake let out a small chuckle.
"Bacon yes, eggs no."
"Are you telling me you don't like bacon?"
"Yup." Scott suddenly pretended to feint hurt.
"You wound me! How could you not love bacon?!" Snake just rolled his eyes before ruffling his hair, Scott quick to bat his hand away with a small giggle.

.:.

Snake grinned as he pulled ahead in Mario Kart, shooting a red shell at Scott. "For fuck sakes! We had a truce!"
"You zapped me with lightning!" Snake argued, doing his best to avoid red and green shells.
"Don't get ahead of me then!"
"Make me!" It was childish to say but Snake didn't care, he was so close to winning.
Both Snake and Scott stood up as it came neck and neck, both crossing the finish line at seemingly the same time. They held their breaths as they waited for the results, Scott letting out a loud cheer as he had come in first. "Aw yeah! In your face!" The shorter one let out a laugh, dropping his controller and running. Snake smirked as he gave chase, catching Scott easily as he threw the younger one over his shoulder. Scott kept laughing as Snake paraded around the living room before heading up the stairs, Snake couldn't help but laugh as well.
Snake gently tossed Scott onto his bed, crawling over top of him as he tried to escape. "Where do you think you're going?"
"To go whip your ass at another race." Scott managed to get out between laughs, falling silent as Snake gently kissed him. When they broke apart Scott gave a small smile. "Actually this is good too." Snake let out a small chuckle as he kissed Scott again, he still couldn't believe today ended up like this.
But he was glad it did.