December 27th

"Jund, get up, we're heading out," Scott let out a groan as he was rudely awake by Snake shaking him, not letting up until the younger one batted his hands away.
"Why?" He whined, sitting up and covering his face with his hands. "How early is it even?"
"It's a surprise and it's nine."
Scott's head shot up as he gawked at Snake. "In the morning?!" The older one simply nodded before getting up.
"Now hurry up, I'm leaving in ten, and dress warm." Scott let out a groan as he flopped back into the bed, letting himself wake up before getting up and heading to his closet. He pulled out a pair of jeans and his favourite brown shirt he always wore along with a sweater that was a size too big for his small frame. He quickly got ready and did his hair, making sure it was perfect before rushing downstairs.
"Cutting it close, Campbell." Scott just smirked as he moved over beside Snake and grabbed his runners and slipped them on.
"At least I got up, I was planning to just stay asleep." Snake rolled his eyes before leading the way to his car, Scott turning to shut and lock the house door. "So, where are we going?"
"It's a surprise." Scott let out a huff of air as Snake got into his car, Scott following suit.
"Can't you give me a hint?" Snake let out a small hum as he thought about it.
"We're going to a park a few miles from here."
"Why the fuck are we going to a park?" Scott saw a smirk play across Snake's face as he shrugged and pulled out of the driveway, "You're a dick." Snake just let out a small hum before Scott leaned forward and turned up the volume on the radio.
Snake glanced over a few times, glancing from Scott to the glovebox in front of the shorter one. "If you open that, there's some CD's in there." Scott gave a small smirk as he leaned back and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Ever heard of an iPod?" Snake let out a small sigh as he shook his head.
"I have, but I don't have the USB port to plug it in." Scott rolled his eyes before leaning forward and opening the glovebox to see what CD's Snake had. He pulled them out and began to shuffle through them.
"I didn't take you as a guy who liked country," Scott commented when he flipped the CD case over to see the songs.
"I don't, it was a Christmas present from my parents."
Scott glanced over before looking back down at his lap that was covered with CD's. "Harsh." Snake let out a hum in agreement as Scott finally picked a CD. "I hope Muse wasn't a terrible present and you actually have a taste in music."
Snake let out a small chuckle as he relaxed into his seat. "I picked that one out myself, they looked interesting."
"They're amazing!" Scott quickly popped the CD out and slipped it into the console, head bobbing to the music with a small smile on his face.

.:.

Scott glanced up from his phone when he felt the car come to a stop, the older one turning off the engine and slipping out of the car. He let out a tiny sigh as he got out of the car, looking around as he shut the door. "So what's so great about a park?" He looked over at the older one as he shrugged. "You're an asshole, you know that?" Snake let out a small chuckle.
"I'm aware." Scott just rolled his eyes before following Snake, still unsure of what caught Snake's attention to come here.
They continued silently until Snake came to a stop, Scott almost running into him. "I still don't get what's so great-" Scott stopped mid sentence as he looked around, it seemed like this was a mini winter carnival. A humongous circus looking tent sat off to the side, Scott pulling his sweater tighter around himself as cold air seemed to blow towards them from inside the tent.
Snake began to move again towards a small ticket booth, Scott snapping out of it and following quickly. Scott remained quiet as Snake paid for both of them, entering the petty fenced area as Snake shoved his wallet back in his pocket. "So, what do you wanna do first?" Scott looked up at Snake before looking around.
"No idea, what's there to do?" He heard Snake let out a small hum before he started walking.
"Well, it's just a small carnival, so not much. There's free skate in the tent, live performances at the small stage over there," he gave a small head nod in the direction, "I'm pretty sure they have fake snow in the tent as well for snowmen and snowball fights." Scott gave a small grin as he began to walk towards the tent.
"Of course a snowball fight, and I'm gonna win!"

.:.

They spent the whole day at the carnival, Snake had won the snowball fight but Scott had built a snowman quicker. They wandered between the few booths and bought some things [courtesy of Snake's wallet] and had a surprisingly good lunch. They went skating, the older one having to teach the younger but neither really minded.
They now sat together, listening to the musicians play as the sun began to set. Scott let out a small yawn as he rested his head against Snake's shoulder, the taller one glancing down. "Today was awesome, I never thought I'd have fun doing outdoorsy stuff." Snake let out a small chuckle as he moved in his seat slightly.
"I didn't know I'd have a good day out with a brat like you." Scott let out a scoff as he rolled his eyes, giving Snake a small shove as he nudged him.
"Dick." Snake just let out a small chuckle before Scott yawned again.
"Hey, let's go get some Chinese and head home, I think some good movies are on tonight." Scott looked up and gave a nod before standing up and stretching. Snake got up as well, grabbing their bags as they headed back to the car side by side.
They went and got their dinner, heading back to Scott's house in a comfortable silence. Scott looked over at Snake before letting out a small sigh. "Did your parents ever leave you at home with a babysitter for the holidays?" He asked, looking down at the bag of food in his lap.
"No, all our family usually came here since our house is big enough for everyone. Do you miss them?" Scott looked over at Snake, their eyes meeting.
"Yeah, I always spend Christmas with a babysitter, I'm actually home alone a lot. My dad's always gone on business trips and my mom works late, I hardly see either of them." Scott looked out the side window, hoping Snake couldn't see his tears. "You're honestly the first person who's given me a present in person and has taken me out to do fun things. I don't feel so alone this year." Scott felt a had gently grip his shoulder.
"If you want, from now on you can spend the holiday at my house. My parents wouldn't mind." Scott glanced over and gave a small smile.
"Yeah, that'd be nice."
Once they arrived home, Snake stayed unusually close to Scott, but the shorter one didn't mind as they sat down in the livingroom to eat and watch a movie. As the movie went on, Scott formulated a plan. He pretended to fall asleep, inwardly grinning when Snake picked him up bridal style and carried him up to his room. He felt his soft bed below him as he was set down and the covers pulled up and tucked in slightly.
"Goodnight, Scott, I promise you won't be alone this year." Scott managed to keep a straight face until he heard his door shut. He slowly opened his eyes and gave a small smile, he opened his mouth and his voice came out in barely a whisper.
"Thank you."