trente-et-un

"rosalie, tell us what happened, you're not acting like yourself."

the blonde kept her permanent frown on her face, refusing to say a word about the situation. she stood up to leave, only for her sister to hold her back.

"let me go alice," she growled, fed up with her nonsense.

"not until you tell me what happened."

"nothing happened! why is everyone against me right now?" she tried wriggling herself from alice's grasp, with little success.

edward jumped into the house through a window, follow by bella almost immediately after.

"don't tell me-"

"edward, read her mind, tell me what happened," the shorter one ordered her brother, who didn't protest.

"no! you saw this coming. fuck you alice!"

"rosalie! that's not how you talk to your sister!" esme called from another room, eavesdropping from time to time.

"she had a chat with someone, but i can't see what, and the conversation gets cut off during a lot of it," the boy said, visible frustration evident on his face.

alice stared at her brother for a few moments, trying to piece together the puzzle. the blonde finally got out of her grasp, ready to run off.

"you talked to sequoia, didn't you?" the brunette exclaimed, in desperation to stop her sister, "i can't believe you would hide something like that!"

"of course i would hide that! you lot treat her like shit, and you think i'd inform you if she visits me? no! absolutely not!"

"she's legally family..."

"no, absolutely not, she would never be family with you, not after everything you did," rosalie was inching closer to the exit, wanting a quick escape from the awkward conversation.

"we did nothing, she brought this on herself," alice stated, surprisingly calmly. maybe jasper used his power on her, or maybe she's just manipulating her sister.

"fuck off, no she didn't."

"switzerland, what were you saying about switzerland?" edward interrupted the two girls, still reading the blonde's mind.

"get out of my head," rose glared at the boy, spinning oh her heels to leave. this time, no one stopped her, she was free to go. she ran off, far enough away to stop edward from reading her thoughts. the vampire was worried for sequoia's safety, and she could only hope the leftovers of her shield spell was still in play.

edward, bella and alice were left alone in the lounge room, still pondering in their thoughts.

"i think we need a trip to switzerland, don't you think bella?" the male asked his wife, a malicious smirk on his face.

"i agree, i've always wanted to travel there."

-

sequoia opened her eyes, only to be met with a golden accented roof.

bullshit bella wants to travel here.

wait, is she actually coming?

the witch's anxiety grew worse, wishing she could differentiate between a dream and a vision. even if it was a vision, she had no idea when it would come true.

"had a nice sleep?" victoria mused, skipping into the room, a frown falling on her face once she saw the girl. "i suppose...not?"

sequoia moved the covers from her body, swinging her legs over the edge. she allowed her feet to touch the coolness of the hardwood floors, it relaxed her tense body.