"What? We're not even friends. You sure we were looking at the same person? Pffft." I laughed sarcastically, definitely not believing the exaggeration in her tone. I averted my gaze from her, turning around to look out the window at the empty span of the flat grassy field. Lovestruck? Pffft. What a joke.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Hey sis, mind if I sit with you?" Jungwon asked, setting his tray down next to me. I gave him a nod of assurance before turning my attention back to Sana.

"Oh— Sunoo?! Hey dude!" Was all I heard from beside me. I looked at Jungwon who was now comfortably conversing with Sunoo. They know each other?

"Hold up. You know this kid?" I asked Jungwon who was now looking at me, a knowing smile on his face.

"Yeah, he's friends with 'you know who' back in Incheon. I met him twice." Jungwon casually answered then turned back to talking to Sunoo.

"Wait...you're from Icheon?" I asked Sunoo who was now looking at me.

"Yeah. Though I didn't go to the school you both attended." He answered. I glanced at Sana who was confused as I was.

"Oh my, are you the kid who was best friends with h-him??" I asked, muttering the ending of my sentence in a hushed tone. He looked at me with raised brows, definitely confused. "Him?"

Jungwon pulled him closer, whispering the name of the kid. Ah, I love how he understands that I don't want to let the name of that boy escape from my lips. I couldn't ask for a better brother.

A look of clarification fell upon his face as Jungwon explained it all to him.

"Oh? Him? Yeah we we're best friends until he moved." He said with a sigh, drawing the chopsticks closer to his mouth as he nommed on kimchi.

After everything was sorted out I felt a bit more comfortable with Sunoo now. It's such a coincidence that he transferred to this school and is also from Icheon. How weird is that?

✰ ✰ ✰

"Dad's here." Jungwon said as he tugged at my sleeve, pulling me towards the direction of where our dad's car was parked. As I was about to walk off I felt the contact of someone else's hand on my wrist, pulling me back. I turned around, paralyzed in place when I met the eyes of Sunghoon.

"Don't forget", was all he said before walking away casually.

"Boyfriend problems?" Won asked in a chuckle, leading me to dad's car. I choked, scrunching my nose at the sound of his remark. "Don't." I silenced him with one word before opening the door to our dad's car, sitting in the front seat. I shook my head, clicking in the seatbelt then greeted dad but he only looked at me with a mischievous grin on his face.

"I'll just pretend I didn't see a boy talk to you. Mind you, he was way too close to begin with." He said teasingly before starting up the engine of the car. I looked at him and playfully rolled my eyes. "I didn't get to see his face though..." he said in a dramatic sniffle.

"Dad...he's just my classmate."I responded dully, not wanting to get deeper into that topic. Plus, you'd probably freak out if you saw who it was.

After heading straight home to our grandparents' house, I went up to my room, plopping myself down on my bed as I held my phone in my hand. There was way too many things going rampant in my mind but Sunghoon was the one and only person who I couldn't stop thinking about. Not in that way, but the sum of our odd interactions were playing on repeat in my head.

Should I go? What if I don't go? Will he be mad? He can't really blame me if I go or not though-

I shut my eyes as I laid down on my bed, the feeling of tiredness crept over me as I felt my eyelids getting heavy.

"Ji-eun? Don't you usually go to the rink to practice?" A sudden knock on the door followed by the voice of my mother seeped in, making me wake up in a confused state. I checked the time displayed on my bedside desk which read 5:58. Heck, 34 minutes had already passed! I need to get ready! I'd feel bad if I left the poor kid waiting alone.

I burst through the door, running into the bathroom with my bathrobe in my hand. "Thanks for reminding me mom! Gotta run!" I took a shower and headed into my room, picking out any outfit I could find then combed my hair in a single braid. I ended up wearing a beige sweater vest over a plain white t-shirt, and a white baggy pants along with a white converse. I hadn't much time to think about finding a good outfit so I had to go with that. I stuffed some snacks into my backpack that had my skates and made my way outside hastily. I ran the entire way there, dodging people and motorcycles along the way.

I sprinted inside the building, exhaling deep breaths as I finally got the chance to relax myself from all that running. After quickly rejuvenating in silence I shot my head up, expecting to meet the figure of Sunghoon on the ice but he wasn't there. The entire building was empty.

Am I too late? Did he leave? Oh man why am I starting to feel like a bad person. I swear I didn't mean to fall asleep!

My head was hung low as I sat on the front bench, putting on my skates. "If only I hadn't fallen asleep!" I scolded myself, pinching my cheeks. If he didn't hate me before he probably does now..

I had my face buried in my hands, feeling bad about it all when I suddenly heard a sound coming from behind the stands where there was a flight of stairs that lead to the commentators room. Should I go check it out? Nahhh I'd rather not die- I brushed the thought off, minding my own business, continuing to put the other side of my skates on but suddenly heard it again. It was a weird shuffling kind of noise like something was rummaging through objects.

I picked myself up, sighing as I walked towards the source of the weird sound. I casually walked up the stairs, putting up an invisible guard to prepare myself for any outcome. Maybe it's just a cleaning person? A thief? A murderer? "A—RAT?!" I screamed, lunging forward towards the door that suddenly opened. I tried my best to avoid placing my feet wherever the rat was running to all while clinging onto something, or should I say...someone.

When I finally came back to my senses my eyes widened when I realized what predicament I was now in. My hands had somehow gripped onto Sunghoon's upper arms to keep my balance while my body was pressing against his. His hands were around my hips, pulling me closer to him in a protective way. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest in the split second when our eyes were fixed on each other before I turned away in embarrassment. I quickly let go of him, clearing my throat as I pulled away, setting a small distance between us.

"Sorry-", I managed to say through the tense atmosphere. "It's alright.." he stated as his hands were rubbing the back of his neck. I dropped my eyes to the floor, scanning the corners for the sight of the rat but it was now long gone. I let out a sigh of relief, moving my bangs away from my eyes. Damn all of that happened so fast-

Stealing a glance at Sunghoon I noticed his cheeks were tainted in light pink. Of course we were both flustered but my cheeks were heating up just by looking at him. Though we were now apart from each other, I could still feel the contact of his hands on my hips which made my stomach churn. What am I thinking about?!

"So...why did you want to meet me here?"

_____________