Chapter 28: Denouement

Sonic starts to get closer to Merlina.

"Merlina... Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but..." said Sonic the Hedgehog as he took a flower. "That's why we gotta live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least, that's what I figure" said Sonic the Hedeghog as he gave the flower to her. "Grandfather..." said Merlina as she held the flower close. 

Caliburn, Nimue, Percival, Gawain and Lancelot get closer.

"Well done, Sir Sonic" said Percival. "Thanks to you guys" said Sonic the Hedgehog. "You can say that again" said Caliburn. "To think... King Arthur was but an illusion!" said Gawain. "The Knights of the Round Table must now disband" said Lancelot. "What foolishness is this?" asked Caliburn. "I'll say" replied Nimue. "Hm? What are you saying, then?" asked Percival. "Have you forgotten who I am? I am the sacred sword Caliburn! I am the one who decides who is worthy of the crown! So then..." said Caliburn. 

Lancelot, Gawain and Percival stare shockingly at Sonic. Nimue smiles at Sonic. 

"You...?" asked Gawain. "You are the one and true King Arthur?!" asked Lancelot, Gawain and Percival. "Who, me?" asked Sonic the Hedgehog.

All three knights bow down to him.

"Huh? Hey, cut that out!" shouted Sonic the Hedgehog.

Credits roll again.