Chapter 9: Lady of the Lake

"Wow... So he was one of the Knights of the Round Table?" asked Sonic the Hedgehog. "The mightiest of all and the closest to King Arthur. It was mere luck that enabled you to defeat him" replied Caliburn. "If you say so..." said Sonic the Hedgehog. "But why did you not deal him the final blow?" asked Caliburn. "Huh?" asked Sonic the Hedgehog. "Such sympathy is an insult to a knight" replied Caliburn. "Aww, what's the big deal? Besides, I got this, didn't I?" asked Sonic the Hedgehog. "That is Arondight, one of the sacred swords of this land. Take good care of it" said Caliburn. "No problem" said Sonic the Hedgehog. "We're here" said Caliburn. "I've been waiting for you, knight from another world" said Nimue. "Whoa!" yelled Sonic the Hedgehog as he started to run away. "Fool! Where are you going?!" hissed Caliburn. "But that's...!!" hissed Sonic the Hedgehog. "You are being rude to the Lady of the Lake! Bow your head!" hissed Caliburn. "I think I know why you are here. It's about Excalibur, isn't it?" asked Nimue. "Yeah, that's right!" replied Sonic the Hedgehog as he grabbed her head to her shoulder. "You don't waste any time, lady!" said Sonic the Hedgehog. "Show some respect!" hissed Caliburn.

Sonic backs off.

"I'll tell you how to hinder the scabbard's power of immortality. I'm the one who gave it to him, so it's kinda my fault, see? But still..." said Nimue. "Still what?" asked Sonic the Hedgehog. "Whoever defeats King Arthur and takes his scabbard... Might end up turning out the same way, right?" asked Nimue. "I see..." replied Caliburn. "So I have three tests for you. Would you like to hear them?" asked Nimue. "Sure, fire away" replied Sonic the Hedgehog. "First, free the innocents from King Arthur's dungeon. Second, offer compassion to those in need. Third, defeat King Arthur's knights of the Underworld. You have three days... Good luck..." said Nimue as she disappeared. "I get it. She's only gonna to tell the secret to a true knight" said Sonic the Hedgehog. "Are you up to the task? This will not be easy" said Caliburn. "Heh! I'm the world's fastest hedgehog! Check it out! You'll be calling me "Sir" before you know it!" said Sonic the Hedgehog.