13: Prodigy of Serendipity

----

The floor itself was the witness how the excruciating the night was. Each whiplash carved a mark on her body, whereas thousands of abiding scars were embedded inside her soul. Her voiceless yet screaming soul was desperate for leniency and a miracle that could had happened to rescue her from the wrath of the devil, who satisfied himself by seeing the poor girl drench in his torment.

Dressed up in the now-torn off white dress that was smudged from scarlet blood, she laid there vulnerably as her brown locks swept across her face with every swoosh of the cold wind. Her cheeks that were supposed to be rosy and her lips that were ready to hold a smile after long time now were bewitched to be despondent for the rest of her life.

-
-

-Eunhae's P.O.V-

With some effort I opened my tired eyes and glanced at my surroundings, ensure where I was at the moment. Adjusting my sight in the dimly lit room, I tried to stand up, but eventually lost my balance and my weak body met the cold stone floor. The worse thing happened soon after when one of the wounds got pressed badly and I let out a painful yelp.

Realizing that it was absolutely useless to get up and put my self in the unbearable pain, I laid back in my previous position, not wanting to hurt my wounded body. Unknowingly, tears flowed out of my swollen eyes and I hurriedly wiped them as I had no energy left of it either. Last night event began to play in my mind as if a projector were being played at the moment. No matter how hard I tried to shrug that off, the irreversible memory now had fixed its place in my mind.

"You? And thinking to be happy again? What a joke! Remember, as long as you belong to him, your life wouldn't bloom any flowers of happiness," the torturous voice spoke. "But I want to be happy...I want to live my life without any misery, without any pain..." I mumbled and buried my head in my folded arms. "Even if you try to run away, he would get you. You think you can escape him? He is the one who rules the entire mafia world, as long as I know, Jeon Jungkook will be the reason of your painful death and will make your death as an admonition for everyone!"

"It's better if he kills me now, this world has already been too unfair with me..."

Just then, I heard some footsteps coming towards this direction. Adrenaline rushed inside me and I attempted to calm down my racing heart. There was one phrase that kept on repeating my mind. "Please don't be Jungkook" However, the person, whoever it was. was tapping his feet on the floor which I assumed that he might be waiting for something or someone.

Soon another sound of hurried footsteps could be heard. In a moment the door was unlocked with a click and there stood two people, one of them whom I recognize perfectly. "Good morning our beloved Eunhae, had a blissful night hm?" Jimin spoke with a smirk playing on his lips.

Seeing that I didn't respond him, he walked forward and sat dangerously close in front of me with his legs crossed. "I didn't get my reply baby," he said. I watched him as he took out his black baton and began to trail it from my forearms towards my collar bone, until when he pressed a wound near my shoulders.