Chapter 4

Back in the present time, Bugs and Daffy, who have now been sitting in the park for some time.

Soon a slow, soft breeze from low pressure winds of the sunny sky was brushing against their furs a little while continuing to be in their peaceful silence.

Daffy, use this still tranquility as a time to self reflect on the things that he regrets the most, like not being good enough for Tina or not being selfless enough for Bugs.

Bugs, on the other hand, allowed his silence to flow through because he was in deep thought from all of those mixed feelings that he is facing, like confusion and surprise.

He didn't understand the full reason why Daffy would want to help him, or anybody for that matter.

What exactly was he going to benefit from all of it anyways?

Why would he go through all of that trouble thats not even his problem to begin with.

He's got a girlfriend.

He's got other friends to poke around or do silly charades at.

So why me? He thought for a moment, until he remembered how Daffy looked hurt when he woke up this morning.

He then, tried to remember everything that he might have accidentally told him last night when he came home drunk, that could have caused Daffy to feel obligated to help him.

But unfortunately, there was nothing much of that memory for him to decipher that would possibly explain Daffy's rash suggestion, which became way out of his character.

I mean don't get me wrong.

I know that he's my best friend but...

why does he have to feel like that my happiness matters more than his own? Bugs thought for a moment sadly before he decided to brush away all of his worries and sighed.

At this point, there was no use of objecting his help and finally agreed let him.

I mean, what harm could it do?

So, Bugs ended up breaking their longed silence that have been stinging away too much of their time.

"Okay, you help me." Bugs said in a clear loud voice, hoping to get Daffy out of his  daydreaming. 

"Really?" Daffy asked, his head turned to face him in a awe.

"Yeah." Bugs said with a soft warm smile as Daffy shot up beaming, like a kid on candy land.

"Great! What should we do first?" Daffy's asks, excitedly.

He felt more useful and worthwhile then he ever knew.

This must be what Tina meant when she told me to be more meaningful to others. He thought, with a big grin on his face.

He can feel that soft fuzzy feeling again and it's now growing more deeply in his heart.

"Woah! Slow down there Doc. I've just started agreeing to this. No need to have everything done at once." Bugs said laughing as the two got up from the ground.

"Well, what do you want to do then?" Daffy asked, with a silly pout.

He was disappointed that he couldn't do much today as if he was waiting for the icing on a cake that hasn't even been finished yet.

"I don't know. I guess can go shopping. We haven't been in the mall in a while and I need some new shirts anyways." Bugs suggested.

It's true, they haven't been able to go anywhere most to the big store places like the mall in a while because most of the stuff that they get, can always be ordered online at home which felt so much easier to do and with less gas money wasted in getting there.

Online shopping was very manageable, or perhaps a little too convenient for that matter.

It wasn't until a certain someone in particular that kept getting ahold of his online banking accounts and started maxing them out quick by buying huge bundles of ordered stuff that they don't even need.

Bugs had to change the password 4 times and Daffy still ended up getting into his computer to order more junk.

So, those days were over and Daffy was cut off from several sites that Bugs finally manage to shut him off from so that he can only use it for email, gaming or simple internet use.

"Ooo! Just let me grab my handbag, real quick before we go. It's back at the house." Daffy said while the two got in the car.

"You don't need it Daffy. I got money." Bugs said, while rolling his eyes at him, chuckling.

"Yes I do. It's got everything I need."  Daffy begged.

"Oh really? Like those sunglasses that I have a spare pair of already in my glove compartment box. Mints that you don't even eat because you complain about how cold and bitter they tasted. Your lip gloss for lips that I know you don't have. A scrunchie that hold a small patch of your little hair and a phone that you can just in your pocket or in the car anytime." Bugs listed off his reasoning like a files of complaints going to court.

Daffy, who was not amused of his opinion, gave him a 'really?' look.

"Are you done insulting me?" Daffy asked, offended while crossing his arms like an average teenager.

It made Bugs want to tease him more.

"Haha. I'm just messing with ya, but seriously you should definitely think about getting a wallet and not all of that junk." Bugs said while igniting the car.

"Well I don't have any money. That's why I don't keep a wallet." Daffy explained as Bugs pulls their car out of the parking lot and towards the feeder road that leads them to their local mall.

"That's what you got a money tree for." Bugs said, sarcastically.

"Ha! Money trees don't exist silly." Daffy, corrected with small giggle.

"They do in our house." Bugs said, with a hint of pun to his sarcasm.

The two then bursted out into louder laughs and shook their heads silly.

For both of them, it was good to feel some sort of  relief because even though both were having a rough time, they got each other's back to make it past another day.