chapter 21 - you

drift apart
phrasal verb of drift
(of two or more people) gradually become less intimate or friendly.

What makes drifting away so dangerous is that you often don't realize it has happened before it is too late. Many inexperienced swimmers will stand on sand banks and will drift apart before they even realize they are far too deep. And when they fall into the deep, the water tends to be scarier, the waves larger and the currenting drifting you away stronger.

People tend to gain a false sense of security. The false sense of security makes it harder to realize the dangers that lurk, as a once secure sand bank can crumble by just one wave. A lifeguard can try to save the swimmer/swimmers, but often this drift can happen so naturally or gradually that they might not notice before it is too late.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ☽ ✷ ☾ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

It had been too late.

Aleksander was in his chambers with Alina.

They were not undressed or in any state that Aruna and Aleksander were usually left in after they fucked.

Aleksander looked surprised at Aruna's disturbance and Alina looked guilty.

Guilty.

Aruna hoped Alina didn't have a reason to be guilty. She prayed to the saints.

"Hi Alina, can I talk to Kirigan in private"

Alina have a small guilty smile and walked out of the room. When Aruna heard the door's shut she turned to Aleksander, 'Are you cheating on me?"

Aleksanders face turned from surprise to confusion. "I-"

"No cheating on me does not just mean sleeping or kissing Alina, I mean leading her on, accepting to 'too friendly' touches. That is cheating on me, and if you have done anything of those things, we can now longer continue the way we have been"

"Aruna I have never cheated on you, I love you, and only you"

"You can love me and still have another person in your heart"

"But I don't, I pinned after for years. I had plans for a sun summoner, I will admit. I had plans to make them my equal, to rule with them , but they changed. They changed when I saw you in the war rooms. They changed when I saw how kind you are. I want to rule with you, I'd follow you to the end of the earth if you wanted. If you never wanted to rule we wouldn't, I'd follow you anywhere, whether it be with a crown made of gold or one of wildflowers."

Aleksander grabbed Aruna's hand, "Alina is young, and confused, but her heart belongs to another. I never encouraged her actions, but I could've done more, I should've stopped her more, made our relationship more"

"Then why did you ignore me? I understand that you're busy, you always have been, but we promised we would make time for each other. We would watch sunsets together"

"I didn't realise you thought I was ignoring you"

"Well you do know, and an apology isn't going to fix the weeks i spent crying in bed alone. Did you know my mother paid me a visit, and i kicked her ass out. I cried on Nikolai's shoulder, because he was there"

Aruna sighed, taking her hands out of Aleksander's, not missing the hurt expression on his face, "Your actions speak louder than your words, I love you, and I am going to fight for this relationship, only if you do"

Aleksander just sighed and nodded "I will fight for this relationship, I love you and only you. I will start wars to prove that too you, although I wouldn't because I know you hate unjustified violence"

"Aruna it's you, and it will always be you"

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ☽ ✷ ☾ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Y'all i would never make Aleksander cheat, I hate the cheating trope, and i'm a petty bitch who would never forgive

Now what do you guys wanna see next?