chapter 10 - sunlight

Aleksander just wanted this to be over, he wanted to be in his bed in the Little Palace with Aruna in his arms, open and waiting for him

Alina was terrified to be a grisha and actually wanted to give up her gift.

Before Aruna he would've manipulated the naive girl, but he couldn't do that to Aruna.

It was strange, Alina was his opposite in many ways, just like the light to his darkness.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ☽ ✷ ☾ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

When The Darkling arrived at the Little Palace, Arunas arms were not there to greet him. This was not completely out of the blue, sometimes she was busy or waiting for him in his chambers.

After dismissing Alina he headed to his chamber, when he opened the door he found Aruna in his chamber.

But she was not jumping into his eyes with a smile, instead she was sitting in the end of his bed, curled in a ball.

He did not like seeing her like this. "What's wrong Aruna"

She looked up, her eyes filled with unshed tears "Is it true, is she a sun summoner?"

"Yes, she it a sun summoner"

"Does she control the light"

Aleksander was confused as to where this conversation was going. "Yes, but why does that matter?"

"Because she's your light"

"What does that have to do with anything"

Aleksander might've raised his voice but all Aruna did was stand up and grasp his hand in hers, she calmed him instantly. "We talked about this, we will live long lives, I want you to be with your soulmate, I would want that if I was the sun summoner. Your darkness and she's light"

At this Aleksander started to feel rage and his heart filled with the ache that he carried within him before Aruna. "No you are my soulmate"

"I'm not sure anymore"

With that Aruna left the room, Aleksander was too stunned to react. How could see believe that he would ever love anyone other than her? He would rather kill the damm sun summoner than live in this world without Aruna by his side.

He felt his heart break, not shatter because Aruna was not gone. There was hope for his little moon yet.

His life and been a constant change, a change of names and locations. His shadows were the only constant, but now he had Aruna.

Aruna that made him feel like a boy again and Aruna who made butterflies explode in his heart.

Now there was an ache where the butterflies were. He had to prove that Aruna was his soulmate.

She was always too kind, always doing what she thought she would want if she was in their position.

He didn't want Alina, or her light; he wanted his little moon.

He liked the dark, the dark was his friend. And the moon enjoyed the dark, the moon was kind. The sun was loud and bright, amazing but he did not want the sun when he was blessed with the moon.