chapter 7 - issues

The date had been a success and was several months ago

The date had been a success and was several months ago. Aruna and Aleksander as she was told his true name were going slow and steady.

Very slow.

Aleksander doubted that he could ever get the image of the terrified, bloodied and bruised girl that Aruna had been. Even years later the dark look that would overtake at the mention of her life before the Palace.

There was definitely more to the little moon then smiles and kindness.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ☽ ✷ ☾ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

It had been a few months since Aruna had arrived. The Little Palace was different, the people and children all wore special coats, called keftas. Aruna wore blue tidemakers, it symbolised her ability to summon and control water.

She could do this because she was grisha, a person born with the ability to practice the small science.

She noticed that others that wore the blue keftas with blue embroidering could not manipulate the moon. But she had informed the Darkling, he knew.

These first few months had been rough, Aruna had tried to be nice and kind, to get along with everyone her age. But Aruna was behind on her social skills, she had never had the chance to be a child before.

There was simply never any time.

But now there was and no one wanted to be her friend apart from Bolkin. The man was impressed with her skills. She had no official training but living on the streets no matter how short of a time and forced Aruna to learn how to defend herself.

That and she was struggling with the grisha theory, her reading skills were severely lacking.

She had managed to make one friend one day in the library, she was struggling to reach a book when a boy in a red kefta bent over and handed it to her.

All the other grisha children seemed wary of her, and her lack of knowledge, Aruna supposed she shouldn't have asked where lamb came from and then proceeded the cry.

Another freid she had was Baghra. All the other children seemed terrified of the lady, but she was nothing but kind, a bit strict but kind. She only raised her cane once at her, and seeing Aruna's eyes water and the mere image of a cane, seemed to be enough for her not to use it on Aruna.

TIt might have something to do with the skills that Aruna had, she had heard Baghra mutter something along the lines of 'moon summoner'.

And frankly she trusted Baghra much more than the Darkling who had gone to Kribisk that very morning she arrived.

Later when he would return she would wear a black kefta.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ☽ ✷ ☾ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Aruna was still very thankful for all the grisha, but her childhood still left remnants in her everyday lifestyle. The trust issues were a major issue for Aruna. She was constantly convinced that others would leave her.

But her kindness always won over her fear, even if she couldn't fully trust everyone she would always be kind. After all, Aruna always did what she would want her to do if she was in their position.

It was her motto, so many times in her childhood she wished that someone would have done that to her, instead she became that person for everyone else.

Part of issues made her take things slow with Aleksander. They would go on dates, he was quite the romantic,  butterfly fields and picnics, they would annotate books and give them to each other. When they were both in the Little Palace at the same time, Aruna would sleep in his chambers.

If you were to ask any grisha it was obvious they were in a relationship, or their version of one.

Aleksander was just happy, in fact overjoyed to do anything with Aruna. He had waited centuries, and they had centuries to take as slow as Aruna was comfortable with.

Just being in her percent was enough to warm his heart, he often found himself giddy to arrive home from expeditions, waiting for her arms to open up for him, and him only.