chapter 11 - soulmate

𝔰𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔢
/ˈ𝔰əʊ𝔩𝔪𝔢ɪ𝔱/

𝔞 𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔲𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔞𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔰 𝔞 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔢 𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔯 𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔫𝔢𝔯.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ☽ ✷ ☾ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

It felt as if her heart was breaking, it had taken so long to piece it back together but now it had shattered all over again.

But it was what needed to happen. Aruna knew about Aleksander's real age, he was not dying anything soon.

And based on that information it was clear that Aruna would not be either. They had eternity together, or used to.

Soulmates were something that Aruna cared about. Platonic or romantic, Aruna believed that everyone had one.

The connection was truly beautiful, she had watched many people fall in love. She was quite the hopeless romantic.

So when her unrequited feelings weren't so unrequited, life truly felt complete. Her and Aleksander would be each other's soulmates for life.

But Aruna also believed in the golden rule, 'treat others the way you want to be treated'. She had watched so many people ignore her pain and sufferings, she would never let that happen to anyone else.

So when she heard the news of a sun summoner she knew what she had to do. Aleksander needed a sun summoner to destroy or control the fold, he needed someone to contrast his shadows, not bask in them.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ☽ ✷ ☾ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ✷ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Aleksander wanted Aruna to bask in his shadows.

He didn't care about the stupid sun summoner, he wanted Aruna. He wanted his little moon.

He wanted someone to jump in his arms when he arrived home, to have a bath prepared for him and to eat dinner with Aruna and watch her laugh at his jokes.

No one else but Aruna could do this, he had been so in shock that he was still stood staring at the spot where his little moon had been. 

After about an hour of his heart breaking and soul shattering, he realised that staring at her spot would not bring her back into her arms.

Banging on her door did not do anything either, he was going to leave her for the night and then make up in the morning, but he heard a whimper.

A giant little cry that could only be heard in the quietness of the Little Palace in the middle of the night.

If it was possible his heart broke more.

That's when he decided to use his shadows to unlock the door to her room. Then he was greeted with the sight of his little moon, crawled on the bed with her arms wrapped around her body, tears streaming down her face and eyes that were matching his own red rimmed eyes.

He didn't care that she didn't believe that she wasn't his soulmate, he was going to show her. She attempted to crawl further into herself.

"My little moon, we will discuss this problem in the morning, just please return to our chambers, I cannot stand to be without you for the night when I know you are in pain".

Her little nod was all he needed to place her in his arms and carry her bridal style back to their chambers.

He needed to find a way to convince his little moon that she was his soulmate, only he needed to fully convince himself first.