𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟒 - 𝒔𝒎𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒕

Aruna had a problem,  Feydor, her best friend, knew she had a problem

Aruna had a problem, Feydor, her best friend, knew she had a problem. But who is a best friend if they don't laugh at your suffering? So that's what Feydor did, the ridiculousness of the situation just made it impossible to do anything but laugh.

Especially when Aruna's tiny figure actually stomped her foot at him.

As laughter poured out of Feydors mouth he attempted to speak, the key word being attempted. "I- I still can't believe you" more laughs presumed "you- you called the Darkling 'smoking shadows hot' in hearing distance of him"

All Aruna could do was let out a defeated sigh, "yeah, and the worst part, all he did was smirk. Then the man is impossible to read, why do I have a crush on the man?". Dramatically flopping on her bed.

"Well according to you he is 'smoking shadows hot'"

A pillow was accordingly pegged at Feydors head.

A loud gasp could be heard throughout the room. "Ah did the Aruna, with the soul as kind as saints throw a pillow at me"

That statement made Aruna slightly uncomfortable, she wasn't a saint. Just a nice girl who liked to help people.

Deciding to change the subject, noticing Aruna's mood change over the subject, Feydor told her the reason for being here was to inform you that, the 'smoking shadows hot' General requests we have a meeting."

"Urgghhh" Aruna's groan was muffled due to the pillow swallowing her face. Turning around the bed to face Feydor, "Do you know how embarrassing it is going to be for me. I called the General who barely knows me 'smoking shadows hot'"

Feydor just gaped at her, "Barely knows you, the man is in love with you. Or at least very smitten"

"What no he is not, he is just nice to me because I am the moon summoner"

"Honey the man looks at you as if you were the bloody moon goddess"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aleksander had a little pep in his step.

The girl he was head over heels in love with, his little moon thought he was 'smoking shadows hot'

What 'smoking shadows hot' meant, he had no idea. He was rather old, but he had never been this out of touch with the current slang, he would rectify this immediately with Ivan. But he was the shadow man and hot. And that's what Aruna thought so.

Watching the horror and blush cross her face when she realized he was right behind her was something that would be ingrained in his mind forever.

If Aruna thought he was 'smoking shadows hot', then there was the strong possibility that she reciprocated his love, or at least in the form of a crush.

And Aleksander would take any more love or attention from his little moon.

Now had called for a meeting, there wasn't anything that couldn't wait for tomorrow but he needed an excuse to see Aruna. It was driving him mad, the idea that she might have a crush on him was occupying all his thoughts, he even bumped into a guard.

He needed to get a grip on himself, he was the dam Black Heretic, he was centuries old. Not some lovesick teenage boy.

In reality, he was a lovesick boy, just a few centuries too late. He spent his teenage years being hunted, now was his time for love.

He had waited and waited for his equal. He thought he would find it the light, but the light didn't need the darkness to shine as the moon did.

And boy was Aruna his equal, she was strong, kind, possibly too kind and caring. She was a soldier and a beautiful one at that.

He has changed for her, he would do anything for this little moon. He was pretty sure any Grisha would do anything for Aruna.

The girl had no enemies, she just radiated pure kindness, he didn't believe in saints but he would get on his knees and pray to her in a second. In all the centuries he had met saints, but she was different.

She made him believe the impossible, she was his light in the darkness.