"Bye-Bye Bikinis" (The Winter Soldier 2014)

Start from the beginning

"Don't do this to me, Nick." Natasha could feel her eyes begin to water, "Don't do this to me."

The five agents watch the doctors as they continue to revive Fury, but the director is still showing as flatlining, Steve turns away as they finally call his time of death.

"What's the time?" the doctor sighs sadly.

"4:03, Doctor," the female nurse says softly as well.

"Time of death," the doctor begins briefly, "4:03 a.m."

Steve looks down at the flash drive Fury had given him as John notices The Black Widow's lips begin to tremble.

The former assassin finally decides to throw caution to the wind and holds her shoulder comfortingly.

Natasha wastes no time and immediately turns and crashes her head into his chest whilst wrapping her arms around him.

John hesitates for a moment, not sure on what to do, before he eventually brings his arms around her as well and listens to her soft sobs.

She didn't want anyone to see or hear her cry in that moment, fore it would make her seem weak in their eyes.

But...even if John knew how truly broken she was in that moment, she didn't care, because with her in his arms she felt safe, sheltered and above all else, protected.

Jack and Steve both look down as a lone tear escapes Maria's ducts before she wipes it away and goes over to the doctor.

...

Natasha, John and Steve are in a room where Fury's dead body has been laid out, Natasha is looking at Fury's body with tears running down her face as John still has an arm around her, rubbing her upper arm comfortingly.

Hill and Jack both join them, "...I need to take him."

"Natasha..." John says and she doesn't respond, instead she tenderly touches Fury's head then turns and walks out with John, Steve follows them.

"Natasha! John!" Steve finally catches up with them as he sees Natasha sitting next to a vending machine that sold beverages.

John buys her a water.

"Hey...I'm sorry," Steve begins with a down-strucken look.

"Why was Fury in your apartment?" Natasha immediately goes into Widow mode and John sends her a look as she begins to bury herself beneath her super-spy instincts.

"I--I don't know," Steve just spreads his arms exasperatedly.

John just sighs, "Nat, give us a minute."

Natasha just nods as she watches John take a hold of Steve's arm as they go over to another vending machine that was currently being restocked.

"You okay?" John asks Steve immediately.

"Yeah...Yeah, I think so," Steve just looks down.

"Steve," John holds his shoulder and Cap jolts up to look at him.

Steve just coughs before suddenly remembering something, "Hey, John..." he reaches into his jacket pocket and rummages through it before taking out a small object and placing it into the former assassin's hand, "Fury...he told me to give this to you...said you'd know what it meant..."

John looks down and suddenly releases a breath with a small, sad smile. It was a bullet, he rolls it between his fingers absentmindedly.

"What's the story behind it?" Steve asks with extreme intrigue when he sees John's expression.