Part 17: For Him

''A big competition is going to happen next week in Delhi. Students from various schools of different cities are going to participate in this competition....''

''So, students get prepared for the upcoming competition ''WARRIOR''

Miss Lila finished reading the notice and Khushi looked at Arnav with her ever so bright smile and twinkling eyes. Arnav didn't understand why she was so happy.

A peon came inside and said ''Sorry madam for the disturbance but there is a little change in the notice''

___________________________________

''Change? What kind of change?.'' Miss Lila asked.

The peon handed her another notice.

She read the notice silently and when she finished reading the notice, she frowned.

''Ridicules. They can't do it. This is not how things are supposed to happen. This is wrong. Where is Principal Ma'am?'' Miss Lila asked.

''Ma'am took a holiday for three days. She said she is going to her native village.'' The peon replied.

''Then who changed the rules of this competition?''

''I don't know Madam. I was asked to deliver this modified notice and I did. You pls announce it Madam.''

Miss Lila was not okay with the modified notice, everyone could say that seeing her disappointed face. Everyone looked at her curiously to hear the modified notice.

''For the first stage of this competition our school was supposed to take a preliminary test of our students and the top 3 students of different classes were supposed to attend the main event but our school authorities changed this rule and decided to send Akash, Payal and Rohit for the next level from class Eleven'' Miss Lila read aloud.

Everyone became silent hearing the notice. They were saddened to hear that they would not get a chance to participate in this big competition but they remained silent without protesting.

But we can't stop our Sanki. Can we?

Khushi got up from her seat and called Miss Lila politely. Arnav looked at her not understanding anything. Why was he being so hyper for no reason?

''Maam. They can't make a decision just like that. We have many students who want to take part in this competition. So how can they make such a decision without considering about everyone?''

''I understand that dear.. You don't worry. I will talk with them. They can't do anything like that.'' Miss Lila gave her assurance.

Khushi nodded her head and sat down. Arnav stared at her in amazement as to why she was getting so much hyper for such a small thing.

''Does she want to take part in this competition?..... If yes, then he will definitely try to put her name on the main list. If he has to talk to the authorities for it, he will do it for her. Only for her.

...................................................

After school they sat on the field as always but something was different. Our over talkative Khushi Gupta wasn't talking at all. It was unusual. Very very Unusual....

Arnav faked a cough to get her attention. But no, she wasn't coming out of her wandering land. He tried calling her three/ four times. But noo. She was not responding at all.

''KHUSHI'' Arnav this time called her loudly and it worked.

''Kya hain! Can't you see I'm busy.'' ( what happened?) Khushi rebuked.