Part 11: Plan Backfired

Arnav and Khushi got inside the Principal's office and found it empty. A peon came and told them to wait here.

They stood there in silence. Khushi was staring at the walls and shelves. On the walls there were various pictures of different events and on the shelves there were various trophies won in different competitions by the students of the school.

While seeing them her eyes fell on a picture of a boy who was standing beside a woman with a wide grin on his face and that woman beside him was holding a big trophy. Seeing the smile on their face Khushi didn't know why a smile broke into her own face.

The boy seemed to be familiar to her but couldn't able recognize him. Her eyes fell on the chocolate brown eyes of the boy and she frozen.

" Arnav" a small whisper came out of her mouth without her knowledge.

Arnav seemed to be very attentive towards her so he intimidating looked at her and asked her what was the matter. But she seemed to zoomed out from there. So, he shook her by her shoulder.

Khushi came out of her daze and looked at his eyes frowning and then again looked at the picture.

"What?"Arnav asked her seeing her confused eyes.

Khushi noticed the small name tag at the bottom of the picture. And it was written

Arnav Singh Raizada..

And in a rack next to the picture, there were kept some prizes won by the boy of the picture.

Seeing her lost somewhere else Arnav looked at the same direction of her vision to know the reason.

He looked at the picture and the prizes there and then looked at her again. And he knew a lot of questions were coming in his way. To save himself from those unwanted questions he left her side and went in front of the office desk and stood there silently.

Khushi's mind wondered. He won all these prizes in the past and now he didn't even have any interest in studies. What might have happened with him? One thing She knew that whatever had happened in the past she would know that and would try her best to pull out her partner from this darkness.

She looked back at Arnav and stood beside him in silence without asking any questions.

Her silence wondered Arnav. He thought she would ask him a lot of questions but she didn't do that. Why so?

He looked at her eyes and her eyes gave him a warm feeling that she is beside him. She understand him and his pain. And her this understanding gave him new hope..

"Thank you !" Without his knowledge these two words left his mouth.

Khushi got hold of his palm and pressed it as if assuring him that she is there beside him now and will be always.

There little moments got disturbed by the sound of the door. They looked up and saw their principal Anvesha Singh Rajput looking at their entwined hands sternly.