Season 2: Episode 11 - Friendship Hates Magic

Episode 11 – Friendship Hates Magic

It's bright day today in Duckburg and things are looking up for Webby. On her quest to bring Lena back from the Shadow Realm by researching at the library she encounters Huey's new friend Violet Sabrewing. The two become fast friends over their interest in shadow magic and forbidden secrets. Seeing that they could help each other Violet decides to come over to McDuck Manor for a sleepover much to Webby's excitement. Lena who has taken up residence inside Webby's shadow via their friendship bracelet and has been watching over Webby since the Shadow War in the form of pure energy is not amused one bit and is more or less suspicious of Webby's new "friend's" interest in shadow magic.

Scenes shift to the Manor where Beakely brings in a tray of tea and crumpets to the table with an expression of tranquillity over the fact she has the whole place to herself for today. She sits, pours in some tea in her cup and takes a sip.

Beakely: Mmm. Binventory Day. Mr McDuck and the Boys are cataloguing treasure at the office all evening and Donald is at Master Yen Sid's tower. Just a nice, quiet-

Louie: Hey Mrs B!

Beakely yelps in shock and almost loses her tea. She looks in surprise to see Louie sitting right near her.

Beakely: Louie!? But…w-what are you doing here!?

Louie: I live here, remember?

Beakely: No, I meant, shouldn't you be at the bin cataloguing treasure at the office with Scrooge and the boys?

Louie: Yeah, but I wasn't interested. His expression becomes devious. I may or may not have tricked Gyro into making a robotic dummy of me and used that dummy to con my way out of Binventory day.

Beakely: Beakely deadpans at Louie's slack attitude. Why am I not surprised? Well, so much for having the mansion all to myself for today.

Louie: Welp, I'm hungry. Chop, chop. Fetch me something to eat please, Beakely.

Beakely: Once I finish my tea.

She tries to take another sip but she and Louie yelp and almost lose their balance from Webby bursting through the door in pure excitement.

Webby: GRANNY! I HAVE A FRIEND COMING OVER FOR A SLEEPOVER TONIGHT! She comes up to her grandmother cartwheeling and flipping excitedly. SHE SPEAKS OLD NORSE! I CAN'T WAIT! OH I CAN'T WAIT!

Beakely: Beakely softly claps, happy for her granddaughter. Webbigail, that's splendid news. Good for you for getting back on the friendship horse.

Webby: Thanks, Granny. She spots Louie and waves. Oh, hey Louie.

Louie: Hey Webs.

Lena: Lena emerges out of Webby's shadow again and smiles at the sight of Louie. It's nice to see your face again, Lou.

Webby: What're you doing here? I thought you were cataloguing treasure with Uncle Scrooge, Dewey and Huey.

Louie: I wasn't interested or in the mood so I conned my way out. Classic robotic dummy replacement.

Webby: Figures.

While Webby deadpans, Lena giggles.

Lena: Glad to see you haven't changed Greenie.

Louie: So, you made a new friend, huh? What's her name?

Webby: Her name is Violet! She speaks ancient language that usually me and Huey are capable of speaking and she has a huge interest in magic!