The gang.

Y/N POV
What the shit what the fuck?! I'm sprinting down the hall and accidentally slip down the steps, bumping into a girl in a salmon colored Tuxedo. She looks at me confused.

Girl: I didn't think anyone else besides the staff would be here today, especially with the cleanse happening.

Y/N: AH! Get back! I'm not afraid to stab you if you try any funny business!

I grip the handle of my bayonet and pull it out, clutching it tightly. She backs off and says calmly.

Girl: Hey, calm down, please put the knife down, I don't want to hurt you.

Y/N: How can I be sure you're not just trying to get me to let my guard down so you can hurt me?

Girl: Because if I was going to, I would've already.

That's not ominous at all, but I comply, putting the bayonet back into its sheath. I slowly and cautiously stand up, preparing to run if I had to. The girl puts a hand out.

Girl: Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Charlotte Morningstar, but I'd prefer it if you call me Charlie.

Y/N: My name is Y/N.

Charlie: Nice to meet you Y/N.

I carefully grab her hand and shake it. She's very gentle, dare I say fragile. She sniffs me.

Charlie: Oof, you smell.

Y/N: Like what?

Charlie: Horseradish.

Y/N: Like that weird gas that contributed to me getting shot.

Charlie: You look like a soldier, but what is that weird metal thing on your head? It looks like a upside down salad bowl.

Y/N: It's my Brodie helmet?

Charlie: What's that?

Y/N: It's to help prevent shrapnel from injuring my head.

Charlie: Interesting.

Charlie: But what was that gas you were talking about?

Y/N: I don't know, I was just sitting in the trench day dreaming when I smelled Horseradish. I opened my eyes and saw brownish yellow gas in No man's land, and it stung my eyes and skin.

Charlie: Why don't you go shower in one of the rooms and I'll wash your uniform so it doesn't stink?

Y/N: You know, that'd be amazing.

Charlie: Alright, you leave all of your gear and your uniform on the bed, I'll clean it up for you.

Y/N: thanks mam, that'd really feel great.

She gives me the "no problem" gesture, and walks to the nearest unoccupied room, which was right next to us, then used the master key to let me in. I get in, take off my uniform and gear and place it on the bed, scream out to her to give me a few seconds till I was in the bathroom. When I enter the bathroom, I yell back out she's good. I start showering, cleaning myself thoroughly. Oh fuck, I forgot how good it felt to shower, not just a wash cloth and hot water. I spend close to a hour in the bathroom, showering you pervert. I get out and see that there's a replacement set of clothes set out for me. It looked was what looked a a under shirt but shorter, and some jeans. I put the outfit on.