Chapter 20: The Dustiness Family

Start from the beginning

Kazuma: Wait, that handsome guy is the lord's son?

Darkness: He wants me to marry his son in exchange for granting you guys a stay. These past few days, I've been trying to stop this arranged marriage. My father this highly of the son, though he can't say the same for Aldarp. My father is very excited. Can you please help me persuade my father?

(Y/N): Well, we'll do what we can. 

Kazuma: OH!!! I HAVE AN IDEA!!!

Kazuma yelled out of nowhere which caused everyone to be alarmed. 

...

After asking Kazuma about something until he tells Darkness that she should accept the arranged marriage.

Darkness: You want me to accept this proposal? Why?

Megumin: Are you okay with it if Darkness can no longer be an adventurer?

Kazuma: Even if you reject the proposal, that Governor will do his best to deliberately make this difficult. 

Megumin: Ah that's right.

Jack: So what you are trying to say is that we're going to mess up the marriage after accepting the marriage?

Jack summarizes.

Kazuma: Yes, but this will affect the reputation of Darkness's family.

Darkness: You are right. Let's do this. If this goes well, I won't need to pain myself dealing with my father every time the subject of marriage comes up.

Kazuma: (I pity your father.)

Kazuma thought to himself as then everyone hears a familiar voice.

Sena: Satou Kazuma! 

Everyone turned to the gates and see Sena coming with two guards.

Sena: Is Satou Kazuma here?

Kazuma: What is wrong with today?

Sena: Unknown monsters are surrounding the town. Do you have any idea why? We'll have to report you immediately!

Megumin: He refuses. Our precious member is in danger right now. We can't leave her alone.

Darkness: Megumin...

(Y/N): Take it easy.

Kazuma stops for a second as he thought to himself.

Kazuma: (Wait, I can deal with Aqua. But at odd times, Megumin can be smart too. Truthfully, it's better if she's not here.) 

He then grabs Megumin's shoulder as she turns around to look at him.

Kazuma: Megumin, can you go for me? Your explosion spell is perfect for fending off masses of monsters. Don't worry, Aqua, (Y/N), Jack, Rin, and I will take care of Darkness.

Megumin: But...

Kazuma: This is something only you can do.

Megumin: *Gasp* Only....me?

Kazuma: You're the strongest archwizard we can count on.

Megumin: Let me show them my power then!

Rin: Wait, I'll come along too.

Kazuma: Huh? Why? 

Rin: I can't leave a collapsed girl when it comes to dangerous situations if she's immobilized. 

Megumin: Well...I guess I'm okay with that. 

(Y/N): Be careful out there, you two.

Rin: Don't worry, lil' bro. I'm sure we can handle a couple of monsters on our own.