3.

Jenny's POV

I don't say anything and try to help Daniel getting if his ID card. His fingers touch mine an I shake my head.

"Daniel, let me do this."

I don't even notice when Brandon walk up to me, but suddenly his hands are grasping mine. He untangles the ID card in one swift movement, and pulls me away from Daniel.

"Um,sir?"

"Miss Lockhart, is there a day when you go without causing problems?"

"Boss, it's my fault..."

"Maybe it was you fault this time, Daniel."

"But more then have of the time, it's due to her clumsiness and absent-mindedness."

"Eh? Why are yo my getting mad? It's not like I did something to you."

"You are my secretary, Miss Lockhart."

"Your actions will ultimately affect my reputation too."

Seriously?! Wasn't he ashamed to call me his secretary just a few days ago. Why is he making such a show of possession now?

Daniel clears his throat.

"I am getting late but, boss, don't scold her to much. She is trying."

With that Daniel take his leave, and I am alone in the elevator with Brandon. He is still staring into my eyes and i flinch away from his gaze.

"D-Did you need something?"

"Yes. I was looking for you."

I give him a confused look.

"Have i done something again?"

He snorts, taking me by surprise.

"More like you haven't done anything today after spilling the coffee this morning."

"But, then, I caught you with Daniel."

"Caught me? What do you mean? It's not like we're doing something illegal."

"Hm, do you know workplace romance is forbidden?"

What- why is he telling me that? Don't tell me- does he think that I have a thing for Daniel?

"I didn't know about any such rule..."

"In fact this is my first time hearing it."

"That's because I just made it up."

"What-."

"You heard me. I expect you to follow it."

I let out a nervous laugh.

"Sir, I am sorry but you are not making any sense right now ."

"First of all, why should I listen to you? Romance or no romance , it's my personal matter."

"And, secondly, I am just friends with Daniel. I have no idea what you are assuming but please forget it."

"Friends? He is supposed to be your coworker."

Was he always this childish? Does he even realize that he is making a fuss over nothing?

"Um, normal people make friends with people. Not everyone is like you."

He frowns, and comes to stand closer to me.

"What do you mean 'like me'? Explain."

Geez, what's up with him today? Well if he wants to know then why should I hold back?