Chapter Ten

(Collin's Pov)

   Its been a few weeks since Delilah was released from the hospital and we didn't go back on tour until after she had her stitches out because if I know her she would try and work while she was healing. I still can't believe she made it through after all she had been shot in the abdomen. Today was finally here that she could get her stitches out and as we waited to be seen by a doctor it was quite awkward, the silence was bugging me so I looked at her as she was scrolling through Instagram. Delilah looked up at me confused as to why I was staring at her and I just smiled at her making her smile back at me.

"What you big dork?" Delilah asked making me smile more.

"I'm just happy you're in my life Delilah. I was heartbroken when it took a good chunk of time for you to wake up." I said sadly looking down at my hands.

  I felt her hands on mine making me look up at her, her blue eyes sparkling in the hospital room light and I smiled back at her. I can't believe I get to share a life with such a wonderful woman but I do and she is the only one I want to be with. I took her hand in mine until the doctor walked in and I looked up at him.

"Alright Ms. Brighton you're here to have some stitches removed?" The doctor asked as Delilah's attention went to his.

  Delilah smiled and nodded at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A few minutes later*

  The stitches were out and we were now at the airport to finish the tour, plane was a little late boarding so we had some time to kill so we went to a bookshop nearby. As Delilah roamed around the shelves looking for new material to read which she did find something new but not what I expected. As she went over to the register, I saw some of the titles she had picked out and it surprised me that she was into superhero comics.

"You ready?" Delilah asked and I looked down at her and smiled.

"Yeah, you surprise me though." I said and she looked up from her suitcase with a confused expression.

"Why's that?" Delilah asked and I smiled more.

"I never thought you were a superhero fan." I pointed out and she laughed.

"Of course I am, I just like Marvel comics a lot more. Occasionally I like some of the DC Comic books but not a whole lot." Delilah said with a smile.

 Getting out my phone, I saw we had to get on the plane so I grabbed Delilah's hand and we ran to our gate. Making it to our gate, I handed the woman our tickets and she smiled at us taking the tickets and letting us board our plane.

"So, where is the next show?" Delilah asked as she put her camera bag in the overhead compartment with her small suitcase.

"We are going to Boston." I replied and she looked up and nodded.

 Delilah pulled out one of the new books she bought and was now lost in a world of amazing storylines and beautiful art.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Delilah's Pov)

   We had been up in the air for about a half and hour and I had just finished the book I was reading so I stared silently out the window. I glanced at Collin who was fast asleep, lucky that he can sleep on a plane, I've never been able to sleep on a plane, car, or train due to the noise. Sighing at how boring being stuck on a plane is, I pulled out The Great Gatsby and started reading since I wanted to be pulled into the 1920s. After a few pages a stewardess came up to me.