prank gone wrong (requested)

"Hey, baby," JiU smiled as she walked through the door, happy to find that you were already sat on the couch waiting for her.

But her smile faded as soon as she walked further inside and found the bags and your suitcases on the floor.

"What's going on?" She asked nervously as she put her things down and sat down beside you on the sofa.

Sensing that something just wasn't right, she put her hand on your thigh, only for you to push it away.

"You're making me nervous."

"JiU, we need to break up."

It was so sudden, completely taking her off guard.

Your words took a moment to sink in and when they did, her heart dropped.

"What? Why?"

"I just don't think this is working out anymore."

She looked away from you.

She couldn't look into your eyes.

Not because she was upset, which she genuinely was, but because hers were filling with tears and she couldn't see anything through the blur.

"What isn't working out? Is it because I'm so busy?" She sniffled. "Because I can change that! If it means getting to have you to come home to every night, I'll find a way to change it."

"No, JiU. Don't be silly. It's not that. You know that doesn't bother me. I mean, yes, of course it gets hard. But my job keeps me busy too. I get it when you're so busy."

She hung her head and laced her fingers through her hair.

"Then tell me why." She begged as she looked at you. "Tell me why and then tell me what it will take for you to stay. Tell me what I can do to fix it."

"JiU,"

"Baby, please!" She pleaded as she took your hands into hers. "I love you. I need you."

"I love you too." You whispered as you squeezed her hand in comfort. "JiU, take a breath. I'm not going anywhere."

She was getting a little overwhelmed.

Of course, you understood why. You know if you were in her shoes, you'd be just as afraid and upset.

But it was just a prank. A stupid prank. You didn't want to drag it on and break her heart worse.

"JiU, it's just a prank."

She froze as soon as the words left your lips.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and exhaled deeply as it all sank in.

"You pranked me? You weren't serious?"

"No, of course not." You smiled, thinking she'd be relieved.

But instead, she was disappointed.

You could tell as she pulled away from you and then started to storm upstairs without even giving you a chance to explain furthermore.

"JiU? Baby, please slow down!" You said as you chased after her, only to get the door slammed in your face and for her to lock you out before you could let yourself in.

Suddenly, you heard the sound of her voice, as well as the sound of Siyeon's as JiU called the girls to talk to them through her tears.

You shook your head, chuckling in disbelief as you stood outside.

She was mad but even more so, she was hurt. She was crying and it tugged at the strings of your heart, making you feel incredibly guilty.

You knew it was stupid but you also didn't think it'd come this far.

You just thought you'd tell her it was a prank and you'd say sorry and maybe have a laugh about it before you'd hug it out.

But now you know that was stupid to expect as an outcome.

This was so much more realistic and you couldn't be upset with her for being upset.

You stood out there for fifteen minutes before you went downstairs and grabbed the key from the drawer in the kitchen that you and JiU made when you first moved in as an extra key for the lock in the bedroom, just in case.

You unlocked it just as JiU ended the call.

You opened the door and walked inside, feeling your heart shatter as you saw that she was still crying.

"Oh, JiU," you whispered as you walked to the bed and sat down beside her. "I'm sorry."

You put your arm around her and put your head on her shoulder as she sniffled, her tears still falling down her cheeks.

"It was stupid."

"Very." She mumbled in agreement.

"I shouldn't have done it."

She wordlessly nodded her head.

"You know how much I love you, right? You know that I'm never going to leave you no matter what?"

"I get scared sometimes." She confessed. "With my job, my lifestyle-"

"Shush," you whispered softly, turning her cheek so you could look at her face to face. "That could never and will never happen. I love you. Nothing is ever going to change that."

She dropped her forehead against yours.

"I love you too."

You pushed your lips onto hers for a short but sweet kiss.

When you pulled away, you put your head on her shoulder and she put her arms around you to hug you tight.

"I'm not going anywhere, baby. I promise."

"Good. I don't think I'd let you anyway." She said.

You giggled and closed your eyes, melting into her touch as she rubbed your back.