Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

Lysander is stupidly killing himself subconsciously.

I was mentally super mad, and I was so angry at Lysander (because I was literally helping him) that I could one day make the onions cry.

Greyson stayed quiet the entire time.

"Lysander, shut up!" He tried to whisper to Lysander, "You should know what Julia is trying to do."

Lysander froze. "I should?"

Well, duh.

I elbowed Lysander, who conveniently was on my right side.

"I have no idea who can stand you in this world-" I started.

"Actually, I have a girlfriend." Then there was a flash of regret on his face, like the he didn't want to tell me but it just slipped out.

I rolled my eyes, pretending it didn't affect me, but it kinda did. Arianna ditched me a long time ago and went to fight another mentally weird person like me. So I guess I'll be the lonely gal moping in the corner while eating.

And there was something else to it too. Nah, it couldn't be possible. I don't even like the guy ! Also, I feel bad for his girlfriend, having to deal with him all day long.

"Whatever," I said calmly, "If you were my boyfriend, I'd put poison in your drink.'"

Yeah, I actually read this somewhere on Pinterest. But it's still kinda funny when the other person knows it too, or else I'm actually going to put poison somewhere. Seriously, in order for a joke to work, both sides have to play a correct and active part in it.

"Yeah, and if you were my girlfriend, I'd drink it." Lysander said, and for a few awkward moments neither of us said anything before we both cracked up laughing.

My mom and my dad were still arguing at that time, by the way. Greyson just sat there with an amused look on his face, and we both told him to stop. Did he? Like you guessed, no he did not.

"Maybe we should get that cherry medicine-" My dad started.

"I'm feeling a lot better, Dad. I'm not up for the medicine, because did you know that medicine actually has toxins that could kill your cells if yo-" My mom cut me off.

"That's good, sweetheart. We'll go pick up your brother and then we'll be back." My mom did something.

Wait.

Was she smiling?

Oh my gosh.

That looks creepy.

"No thanks, Mom. Last thing I need is a headache combined with a wild 5-year old running around and commenting embarrassing things on the nurses' uniforms. I'll be fine here, Mom. The doctor said I could leave tomorrow."

"Not if you break your leg again in the process," My dad said, eyeing my leg, which was dangling down the side of the bed.

I laughed. "We'll be fine, Dad." I put my leg back up on the bed.

HAH. THEY FORGOT ABOUT LYSANDER. HAH. SO MUCH FOR CARING PARENTS. HAH.

After they left, I asked the guys, "When will you be leaving?"

"You're actually that excited to see me go?" Greyson asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, not you. Him. But when are you leaving?" I repeated.

"That's it. You want me to leave." Greyson frowned with a pout. Looks like a giant boss-baby, too.

I rolled my eyes. Maybe now I do want him to leave, even though I'd actually enjoy the company.

Greyson's phone rang, and so did Lysander's.

"Hello?" Lysander asked. He put his phone on speaker. Secretive much?

Greyson nodded, like a sign to signal that he was going to step out into the hallway, and then left.

"How are you doing today?" The person on the other line asked. It was kind of a mannerful greeting to ask how the other person was going that day, but Lysander literally treated the woman on the other line like a diary and dumped ALL of his life problems on her.

"It's been so long since anyone's asked me that, so thank you! No one cared about me enough so they've never asked. But thanks! I'm in a hospital, because my friend fell out of the sky two days ago, and things have been weird. But weirdly awesome! I had Chinese takeout yesterday, and I ordered a fortune cookie because I was craving it so much.

"But seriously, you should try the chicken from the chinese place downtown. It tastes the best, but I would personally recommend the fortune cookies because they're plastic wrapped, and they taste especially good with the plastic.

"So I'm doing okay, but the only thing is that this hospital smells like Febreze, Lysol, and Clorox threw up on each other. But how are you doing?" And please note this Lysander said all of this in two minutes so he talked especially fast.

The woman on the other side stayed silent for a few moments before saying, "I see you've had a rather... an interesting week, with your friend, um, falling from chicken pie?"

"The sky." Lysander corrected.

"Oh, yes, the sky. I'm doing well, thank you. I'll try your recommendation, the.. fortune cookie with the plastic." The woman on the other line said with a hint of disgust in her voice. I wouldn't be surprised, plastic doesn't sound too appetizing anyway.

"Your plane flight to Brazil has been completed. Your ticket says that you will be leaving next Tuesday and will be returning in six months." The woman on the other line said robotically.

Lysander hung up, and a million thoughts raced through my mind as I heard Lysander mutter, "Dang it, I shouldn't have put it on speaker. Julia - listen to me. Please."

Yep, it was serious because he actually used my real name.
____________

Hai.

I'm actually at school right now and my teacher isn't here (he left a sub) and the sub had no idea what was supposed to be done so she let us have a free period (to do anything quietly).

And I'm feeling especially awkward because I'm the only one in the room out of 20 people that is typing and typing is NOT a silent job...

So thanks for reading this chapter! Lemme know in the comments how you liked this chapter.

I know it.

So a lot of people say, 'Oh, I like We the Weirdos because it's funny!" and "It's hilarious and awesome."

But I, personally, feel like many people don't enjoy the story plot. There are a lot of moments where the tension is high and no problem comes up.

SOOO

I'm actually thinking about discontinuing this book. The storyline is crappy, and, man, I hope people like it more than it's funny.

Nah, I'm just kidding. But still. I've never heard of a single person who's enjoyed the story plot, not the funny stuff (although it's an awesome addition).

I'm typing on a school-issued device so that's why I can do this at school. *insert smile*
And I know the only reason why you haven't murdered me due to this cliffhanger is because this is the first of four updates this week (so quadruple-update dunno).

Thanks for reading (but I'm still toying with the idea of discontinuing this book... sadly).

Thank you. Please comment, vote, and share if you liked this chapter.

I'm going to enter this book for the Watty's Awards 2021.

I've already entered another book of mine (Impossible, show some love for it by commenting and voting), and I'd hate for this book to not have a chance of winning because it started this year.

So that means this book will be completed by September 30, 2021.

And sorry for such a long author's note.

Have a nice day!

Somerandomhuman88