#17

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 :: 17

The girl twirled around in her white flowery dress which made her look more angelic than she already was. "You look beautiful today" jin smiled as a warm feeling made it's way through his gut.

"Why thank you, kind sir" yuna giggled in the best british accent she could muster up "you look quite handsome yourself today"

Jin raised an eyebrow "If being a nerd or an introvert is the new handsome then sure whatever you say"

Yuna narrowed her eyes "Repeat after me" she put on a smug smirk and puffed her chest out "I'm kim seok jin, world wide handsome!"

Jin doubled over in laughter as yuna pouted and whined "Come on jinnie, do it for meee"

Jin took off his glasses and puffed out his chest "I'm kim seok jin, worldwide handsome"

Namjoon over heard jin, he made his way to the duo carrying snacks as he snorted at his sentence "Worldwide what now?"

Yuna narrowed her eyes at namjoon "World wide handsome, duh"

Jin was cutting up vegetables as namjoon, sitting in the living room typed furiously at his laptop. Everything faded into background as jin tried to comprehend his thoughts.

Living with someone's company was fun. He could get used to this.

After a while he sighed namjoon had his own life, he couldn't just barge in and-

Jin broke out of his trance as a hand collided with his back "Man, when's the food ready? I'm hungry"

Jin sarcastically smiled at his friend "Too bad you won't get any, you sneaked up on me soooo-" he waved the stirring spoon towards namjoon almost threateningly

"Sneaking up on people is bad"

Namjoon rolled his eyes as he propped the table with plates and cutlery "Dude, I had been calling your name for  five minutes already!"

Jin put down the steaming pot of food down on the table and they started eating.

"Really? I didn't notice"

Namjoon rolled his eyes "Well then your mind must be preoccupied or something"

Jin smiled "It was, i was just thinking that living alone is lonely..? I don't know i just felt a sense of responsibility when you're here-"

Namjoon cut off jin's rant with a sharp nod "This is a sign my friend"

Jin furrowed his eyebrows "Sign for what?"

Namjoon looked at jin dead in the eyes "A sign  for you to become a housewife"

Jin rolled his eyes as he paid attention to his food, his friend's laughter became a mere background noise.

"Speaking of housewives, how have you been getting it on? Seeing someone?"

Jin uninterested in the conversation "You know me, the same old, same old", jin further shrugged his shoulders "just like you"

He looked up at namjoon as he saw him fidgeting in his seat "Well about that-"

Jin smiled, genuinely feeling happy for his friend "Tell me, are you seeing someone?"

Namjoon nodded "It's been a month and i like her, i really like her"

Jin laughed "It must be serious then, you're blushing! I've never saw you blush"

Namjoon paid attention to his food and grumbled "Shutup"

Jin shook his head but continued smiling.

There was silence until namjoon tried to revive the conversation again.

"Are you sure that there's no one..?"

Jin put a piece of chicken in his mouth as he pointed his chopsticks towards namjoon.

"Actually there's this girl" he took another bite "On Instagram"

Namjoon rolled his eyes "If you're going to talk about blackpink's jisoo again then please, spare me"

Jin shook his head "Nah not her this time, something wierd just happened that-"

He took a sip of water and namjoon waited in anticipation.

"Her followers and her friends they kind of ship both of us together"

A moment of silence then

"What?"

This led to jin explaining what happened and how he'd met minji.

After a few moments namjoon stood up and gathered the dishes "Whoa"

Jin loaded the dishwasher alongside namjoon "I know right? I talked to her maybe a few times I don't know why would people think that.." he trailed off as they took turns washing their hands at the sink.

Namjoon wriggled his eyebrows "I mean what if-"

Jin narrowed his eyes "Don't even go there"

"But there's a possibility-"

"No"

"Maybe her friends saw something and thought-"

"That we'd look good as a couple, oh how very cute"

"see, you admitted it yourself-"

"I could give a rat's ass about them"

"But still it means something-"

"Yah! Stop this already"

It was namjoon's turn to laugh "Oh my goodness" he pointed at jin's pink tinted ears as jin was busy storing the leftover food in the fridge "You're blushing, you used to blush all the time like this when-"

Jin slammed the fridge close as namjoon realized what he said "No wait,jin i didn't mean to-"

Jin smiled at his best friend "I'm tired joon, I'll go to bed early. Goodnight"

With that jin left the kitchen, he knew he wasn't going to get any sleep tonight.

The apartment was left in eerie silence as namjoon and jin concealed themselves in their room. A ghost of the past haunting them both.