𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ابدأ من البداية

'Are you in charge of the case?' Colonel Mustang asked the Dark Alchemist.

'I am,' the confident lady replied. 'And that's why I need to speak to you.'

After those words, the General walked to the chair near the window and grabbed it with her right hand. She then placed it in front of the two beds and sat on it. The lady had a small black notebook in one of her jacket pockets. She took it out along with a pen and got ready to ask the two men some questions.

'Oh, I forgot to lock the door. We don't want to be interrupted, do we?' the beautiful lady commented and got up again to lock the room's door.

Hawkeye was starting to feel uneasy and suspicious. She didn't trust the general.

'So,' Brewster sat on the chair again, 'let's begin. What were you doing at the Third Laboratory yesterday?'

'We were after an armoured soul that invaded the Lab,' Mustang spoke.

As much as the raven-haired man trusted the Dark Alchemist, he wasn't completely honest with her. He didn't want to involve her in his matters since that could put her in danger. On top of that, there was once again evidence that made him believe the senior staff was involved with all that had been happening and that included the Führer himself. Brewster and King Bradley were good friends, so even if she wasn't involved in any of those matters, she may not take well the fact that they were connecting the Führer with those incidents.

'Were you after him because he was your responsibility or were you following him because he was leading you to some specific place?' the female's icy eyes looked intensely to Mustang who was feeling like he was getting trapped.

Lieutenant Havoc and Lieutenant Hawkeye were tense too as they noticed their superior's idea to give only the official and undeniable information and to hide the truth wasn't working.

'Listen here,' Brewster's voice became cold and serious, 'I'm smarter than you think, and I probably know much more than you think I do as well. I know Barry the Chopper is on your side and I assume you know about the Fifth Laboratory because of the Elrics and because of Barry as well. I was also in charge of that case which means I read every single report regarding it. The Führer ordered me to burn them a few days ago, but I still remember everything,' she lied knowing that Mustang might already have some information that turned him against King Bradley. The Elrics had visited him already and they believed the old man had killed the Homunculus Greed. 'I just want you to answer my questions. Will your answers be in my report? Probably not, since these matters are incredibly delicate. So, let's begin again. What were you doing at the Third Laboratory yesterday?'

'We were after Hughes' murderer,' Colonel Mustang admitted shocking his subordinates.

The male could make up all the excuses he pleased, the general would burn them all. She was a living lie detector and her intelligence was almost unmatched. She would always be able to catch him in a lie, so there was no point in lying anymore.

'Did you find anything?' the cold tone in her voice was lost for a moment as she seemed to be genuinely worried about Hughes' case.

'Almost nothing,' the Flame Alchemist confessed as his dark eyes saddened for a moment.

'Fuck,' Brewster cursed under her breath faking frustration and worry while shocking the officers in the room. 'Anyway, what about Barry the Chopper? Did he lead you there?'

'He was following his body. We followed him and entered the Lab where we met a Homunculus,' Mustang explained.

'That was also my girlfriend,' Havoc added with a chuckle.