Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Taehyung had done it, but that was because Jungkook was a special case. But if Jimin had done, well, it didn't sit well with him and he was sure it wouldn't sit well with Jungkook.

So he let himself into the small, modest apartment. The living room was clean, spotless, just the way Jungkook had left it. But if Jimin knew how Jungkook was, then he would've messed with stuff that would seem untouched by the untrained eye. Only Jungkook could see what was messed with. But still, Taehyung looked around, trying to conjure up an exact image of what Jungkook's normal living space looked like before comparing it to its current condition in a very hard game of Spot The Difference.

'Ah, there painting was moved'

Jungkook owned minimalist paintings. Three were on the white wall above a short table positioned with the smaller ones on each side of the bigger ones. The bigger one was slightly adjusted to be unnoticeably pulled farther from the wall than the other two smaller ones.

Taehyung tilted his head. He walked towards the painting and pulled it off the nail. He turned it over and saw a small black circle in the bottom right hand corner of the frame. Carrying the painting to the kitchen, the redhead grabbed one of Jungkook's many kitchen knives and pressed the tip of the blade to the corner of the small circle. He pushed upward and the object popped out and landed on the palm of his gloved hand.

"A camera?" He whispered, immediately remembering a new set of spy cameras that were just developed in the family. Jimin must be testing the prototype now. How smart of him.

If only he knew how to hide them properly.

Taehyung dropped the tiny camera down onto the floor of the kitchen before crushing it underneath his boot. Turning, he carried the painting back and placed it in its original place before looking around for other minor disturbances.

Taehyung had great memory - photographic, even. And as he went about fixing all the things Jimin messed with, he wondered why he was going out of his way to do this. He concluded that it was because Jungkook is his toy, that he can disturb Jungkook and cause the younger boy to have his unattractive meltdowns and panic attacks but Jimin could not. Jimin had Ghost and Taehyung had Jungkook.

Plus...they were boyfriends now.

"Boyfriends," Taehyung mumbled, letting it roll of his tongue as he adjusted Jungkook's bedside lamp. "Boy friends." He tried again.

It didn't seem too bad.

Taehyung never liked the idea of depending on someone. He liked the idea of someone depending solely on him, their life, their mind, their body, their everything is his to control. So having a boyfriend or a girlfriend was simply out of the question because no was willing to submit their entire selves to him. He was stuck on Jimin for a while, but he knew the older man would never satisfy his needs just as Taehyung didn't want to satisfy Jimin's needs. He understood Ghost and Jimin's relationship. Ghost relied on Jimin; the oldest man was reborn into a killer, he had no memories and therefore no life, he had absolutely nothing and Jimin took advantage of that little bit of vulnerability Ghost had and now the oldest man attached himself to Jimin like a leech. And Jimin needed Ghost to give him a sense of control, power, and dominance. Everything Taehyung needed as well and everything Jungkook was giving him.

Deciding that everything was fixed, Taehyung returned to the living room and sat down on one of Jungkook's couches. He contemplated turning on the television or scrolling through his phone, his mind wondering what ever happened to Mister and Mrs. Jeon. He smiled remembering the last time he saw their pathetic faces. It was when Jungkook rejected them.