Chapter 7

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

***************************************

The next morning came and the female greenie had remembered her name as Allura. Everyone cheered, even Pidge as remembering one's name was a special moment. All having breakfast together and some still trying to show off towards her but she took no notice. 

Pidge was surprised to find Matt sitting with her and Chip, happily making up a conversation with them both and making a few more friends with the two med-jacks, Miles and Zack. Meeting a slicer known as Noah and a builder called Oscar. Matt getting along with them and laughing at a few of their jokes, seeming as if they knew the group for years instead of a mere five minutes. 

Pidge not noticing how Lance, Keith and Shiro sat eating their own breakfast and taking notice of something between Pidge and Matt. The three sharing a smile and feeling one burden release from their shoulders from last night. 

But of course once breakfast was over, the runners were heading out again. Not going far out since they were training Finely, Rory and Toby who were willing to sign up as a runner when Shiro asked for any volunteers to check the outer ring of the maze and today, the three males would be tested inside a tiny controlled bit of the maze with Lance and Keith watching over them. 

The test run would only last thirty minutes, shorter if the other three had a meltdown or couldn't handle the bit of maze they'd be trained in. 

Shiro going off to do his own parts as so did everyone else leaving Pidge and Chip to show the two greenies around and give them the huge welcoming speech. Telling them the rules and trying to figure out what group they'd fit in with better to work as.

"Trust me, the maze is a dangerous place" Pidge commented as she noticed Matt stare off at the maze wall while they stood having a small breath from the day worth tour. 

"We're trapped here, aren't we?" Matt asked in a small voice, keeping his eyes on the maze wall as if it gave him all the answers he needed to know. 

"For the moment, yes. But, you see those guys. Sitting on those logs on the outer area of the main fire. The closes spot to the maze even if they're miles from the entrance. Those are the runners" Pidge answered with a small smile, slipping her hands into her pockets as she stared up at the wall before nodding her head towards Keith and Lance who were sitting in the runners area once again. Both returning with the other three, thinking over how well or bad the three they'd tested was in the maze. 

"Oh and that guy, the one with a scary look on his face, he's Keith. My best friend and the Keeper of the Runners. Or well, leader of them as some of us call it as. Oh! And that tall skinny looking runt, he's Lance, he promised me that he'd find us a way out, he's never once broken a promise to me before.  You see, every morning, when those doors open, they run the maze. Mapping it down, memorizing it as if it was the main camp we live in. They're trying to find a way out, for all of us" Pidge smiled, her eyes full of belief as she knew her two friends would help them all escape one day.

"How long have they been looking?" Matt asked as he stared towards Lance and Keith. 

"Three years" Pidge quietly answered, looking towards where Chip sat in the grass, picking at some of the grass and acting his age a little. 

"And they haven't found anything?" Allura whispered yelled out in horror over the news. 

"It's a lot easier said than done. Remember last night, all that scraping sound from inside the maze. It was the maze, changing. Every night, it changes" Pidge replied calmly, not surprise by the reaction from those who haven't been here the whole time and dealing with the runners day after day.