Chapter 53

I climbed into a truck sitting in between Negan and Carl, just as we were about to leave Negan stuck his head out the window yelling to Daryl, "you seem worried so I'm taking the kids home." Daryl glared at him, "if you do anything to them..." Negan cut him off yelling for Dwight, "Daryl needs a time out. Put him back in his box for a while."

Negan banged on our front door and I watched as Olivia answered and Negan walked right in. "Where's Rick?" He asked. Olivia stuttered, "he's out.. scavenging for you." Negan smiled, "I'll wait." Olivia sighed, "we're running really low on everything here.. we're practically starving." Negan laughed, "starving? You? By practically you mean not really?" Olivia put a hand over her mouth and turned around sobbing.

Negan smiled whispering to me, "really? Shes crying? You people seriously don't have a sense of humour." Negan then turned back to Olivia, "excuse me? What's your name again?" She didn't look at him while answering. Negan nodded, "Olivia I'm sorry for being so rude to you just now. And I would love to screw your brains out while we wait for your fearless leaders return." I watched as she stepped forward slapping him across the face. My eyes widened and I stepped back until I ran into Carl. "I am about 50% more into you now. Olivia be a cute little lamb and make us some lemonade. Some of that good powdered shit."

"Take me on the grand tour Carl." I waited downstairs as Carl showed Negan around our house.
"Leah. Come sit outside with us." I saw Negan holding Judith, and I turned to look at Carl who just shook his head at me. I sat down on the steps while Negan sat with Judith and Carl on the chairs. "I was thinking about what you said Carl. Maybe it is stupid keeping you, your dad and sister alive. Why am I trying so hard? Maybe I should just bury you all down there in the garden. I could settle into the suburbs." I nodded, "were you always like this?" Negan shrugged, "were you always the way you are?" I rolled my eyes, "let me rephrase, have you always been such an asshole?" He laughed, "Leah have I done anything to hurt you?" I stared at him, "you killed someone I considered family with a baseball bat. Anytime you threaten Dad or Carl it's the same line do you want Lucille to go straight into Leahs brains. So to answer your question yes you have."

Negan nodded, "come inside kids. Let's make dinner." He pointed towards the cupboard, "Leah make some dough. We need dinner rolls." I shook my head, "I don't know how." He laughed, "didn't your parents teach you anything? You go sit watch the real men take over." I took a seat at the table crossing my arms as Negan and Carl cooked spaghetti and rolls. "Leah think you can set the table at least."

I stood up grabbing a handful of utensils throwing them onto the table. "Is that how you behave when your father asks you to do something?" I sat back down at the table glaring at him. Carl shrugged, "she has a hard time listening to anyone." Negan nodded, "grab the plates Carl." They set down all of our dishes and Negan had us sit in front of the food, waiting until Dad got back. Olivia came in shortly after holding another container of powdered lemonade. I watched as she stirred it in a jug then placed it on the table in front of Negan.

After half an hour Negan sighed, "Carl pass me the rolls we're not waiting any longer." I grabbed a spoonful of spaghetti and a roll eating immediately. "You hear that?" Negan asked. I shook my head, "there's someone out there, outside your house." He stood up and walked out the front door and I looked out the window seeing Spencer standing there. "What the hell would Spencer want with Negan."

Carl shook his head, "I don't know." I watched as they pulled the pool table onto the street. I listened as Spencer took his turn, "Rick has a history of not working well with others. My entire family died right after Rick showed up." Negan nodded, "that's a real sob story. Lucky for you he's not in charge anymore." Spencer sighed, "but his egos out of control, he'll find a way to mess everything up again." Negan smiled, "are you proposing I put you in charge?" Spencer laughed, "I am my mother's son." I leaned forward off the deck, "MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THE PART WHERE MY FATHER AND OUR GROUP SAVED YOUR PEOPLES LIVES COUNTLESS TIMES ASSHOLE." Negan looked my way, "you know she's got a point. Rick may hate my guts but he's still out there scavenging making sure I don't hurt any of the fine people here. He's swallowing his hatred, that takes guts. Then there's you the guy who waited for Rick to be gone to come sneak over and ask me to put you in charge. If you want to be in charge so badly why don't you just kill Rick and take over." Spencer stuttered, "No.. that's not." Negan stepped towards him, "I have a guess, it's because you have no guts." I watched as Negan took one more step towards him, stabbing him in his stomach and dragging the knife so Spencer's insides fell out onto the road. "Oh my mistake, you do have guts. I have never been so wrong in my entire life."

I gasped staring at the road where Spencer had collapsed still trying to fight for his life. "Leah, look at me." Carl whispered. I turned towards him and he reached out his hand which I put in mine looking towards our house instead of the road.