Chapter 37: Won't You Fight Back For What You Want?

JACKIE'S POV

*One Week Later*

I was released from the hospital and a few days later we had a funeral for Christopher. I cried the entire time. We only invited Andy's parents and the band with their girlfriends.

We got home from the funeral home and just went straight to bed. We didn't say a word to each other.

Now, a few days after the funeral, Andy and I have barely moved. It's one thing to lose a child, it's another thing to be told he's going to survive, then delivering him and starting to form a bond, then having him die. I was stupid to think that we could ever be parents. I just have to face the fact that it's never going to happen.

I'm never going to have a little version of Andy call me mommy. I'm never going to be able to buy cute baby clothes or take my child to school. I'm never going to see my child graduate or see them get married to the love of their life.

I give up.

I heard a cry escape Andy's lips and my heart shattered and dropped into my stomach. It's my fault he's upset. I wish I never moved out of Iowa because I never would have met Andy and he wouldn't be feeling this shitty right now.

I'd rather be with my parents still and fell shitty all the time than cause Andy pain.

"I'm sorry." I spoke up.

"W-What?" Andy asked, turning to look at me. His eyes were red and puffy and he had tears running down his face.

"I-I never should have moved out here."

"What are you talking about Jackie?" He asked, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"It's all my fault that you're upset."

"Jackie, you had no control over this. Don't blame yourself for any of this."

"If I would've never moved out here, if I never met you, you wouldn't know what it's like to have a failure for a girlfriend, you wouldn't have had to experience the loss of a child. You wouldn't be crying right now Andy! Your life is better without me."

"Don't you dare say that again. I love you so much Jaquelin and nothing will ever change that. I do not regret meeting you or dating you. The losses we've experienced is no way our faults and it's just a part of life." He cried, pulling me close and hugging me tightly.

"I-I'm just a waste of a woman." I sobbed.

"Don't say that." He whispered.

"For years, the sole purpose of women was to have children. I can't even do that!"

"Jaquelin, you are so much more than a baby machine. You are a strong, beautiful woman. You are a great sister, the best girlfriend anyone could ever ask for and you are my best friend. I wouldn't want to go through life with anyone other than you."

"My own parents don't even love me."

"Push them out of your mind. I love you, Jinxx loves you, Sammi loves you, your niece loves you, Elena loves you, the band loves you, I love you."

"You've already said that."

"Good, then you were paying attention." He chuckled, letting a small smile creep onto his face. "I love you Jaquelin and I don't want you to ever forget that."

"I love you too Andy." I said, kissing his lips.

**********************************************************************************

NO IDEAS

Listening to Honey Bee~Blake Shelton

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER