Chapter 35: Christopher Bruce Biersack

JACKIE'S POV

"Jackie!" Sammi exclaimed as she ran into my room and hugged me. "What's going on?"

"All Andy told us was something happened with the baby." Jinxx said.

"I-I went into labor and had to have a c-section and now they're trying to get him stable and I'm so scared." I sobbed. Sammi hugged me again and held onto me for a second while I cried into her shoulder. "I-It's not fu-fucking fair. I-I just want to hold my baby."

"I know Jackie, things will get better, I promise." Sammi tried to calm me down. She stepped away and Jinxx hugged me.

"Its going to be okay sis, he'll get through this." Jinxx said.

"My parents are getting on the next flight out here." Andy said, walking in. The doctor walked in and cleared his throat.

"We'll be outside." Jinxx said as him and Sammi left.

"We were able to get your son stable but we're keeping him in the NICU for close observation."

"Is he going to live?"

"It's hard to say. I'd say he has about a 20% chance of survival."

"Oh my god." I started to cry.

"Can we see him?" Andy asked.

"Yes, I'll send a nurse in with a wheelchair."

"Fuck it, I'm walking." I said, starting to get out of the bed but Andy held me back.

"I'm sorry Miss Ferguson, but you need a wheelchair. You can't be walking around after just having a C-section. I promise you will get to see your son." He said and left. A nurse came in a few minutes later with a wheelchair. Andy and the nurse helped me into the wheelchair and Andy pushed me down the hall while the nurse led us. We stopped in front of a big glass window and the nurse pointed out which one was our son.

"He's perfect." I said, starting to cry. "Can I hold him?" I asked the nurse.

"I'm sorry but he needs to remain free of outside germs."

"Can I at least get a closer look or something? It's my son, please." I begged.

"Follow me." She sighed, leading us to a room. She had us put on hand sanitizer before giving us a smock, a mask and gloves. We put them on and Andy wheeled me into the room with all the babies. She led us to Bruce's bassinet and stopped.

"Reach your arms through the holes." She said. I reached my arms through and started to cry.

"He looks like you Andy." I cried. "He's so small." I said, grabbing his tiny hand.

"Did you guys think of a name yet?" Another nurse asked.

"Christopher Bruce Biersack." Andy smiled. She nodded and left the room, coming back a minute later and adding the name to his information chart.

"Here, you go Andy." I said, pulling my hands away. Andy stepped up and put his arms through the holes, smiling.

"Oh god." Andy said, his voice cracking. I saw tears start to run down his face and I smiled, tears running down my own face.

"Be strong little guy, you'll be out of here soon." Andy said. We left and I was wheeled back to my room. I was helped back into the bed and I let out a sigh.

Why does life have to suck?

************************************************************************************

Listening to Broken~ Seether feat. Amy Lee

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER