Chapter 3: Balto helps the Green Arrow

It was a dark night and Balto was looking for a midnight snack for himself. As he was looking for food he saw a bunch of gangsters going into a warehouse. Curious, Balto quietly followed them in. He then sees them setting up bombs that can destroy the building and more. He knew he had to leave, but before he could, he saw the Green Arrow and his team fight the gangsters. Balto then decided to see the action.

Green Arrow and his team were each fighting gangsters to keep them from activating the bombs. Black Canary pushed them away with her Canary Cry while Arsenal and Speedy kept firing arrows at the gangsters. Green Lantern constructs a power armored suit while he punches the thugs away. Balto was awed at seeing the Green Arrow's team in action. Seeing them as they fight was amazing to him. 

As Green Arrow kept firing at the criminals, he didn't notice a thug was about to shoot him behind. Balto saw this and quickly rushed to stop the attack. Balto bites the guy's leg preventing making the guy miss his target. Green Arrow sees this and was surprised to see Balto, his friend, protect him. He quickly shoots an arrow pinning the guy down. Balto released him and looked at Green Arrow. For a moment, he looked familiar, as if he met him before. As they stared, another thug fired at Green Arrow. Balto saw this and jumped in front of him as the bullet hit his side. He fell to the ground unconscious.

"No!" Green Arrow shouted. He fires his arrows at the thug. He knees down to check Balto. He was bleeding badly for the gunshot. He then pulls Balto over his shoulder as the rest of his team finished taking care of the thugs.

"Oh my God! What happened?!" Laurel said looking at the wounded Wolf-dog.

"He saved my life." Oliver said as he carries Balto on his shoulder to the Bunker.
__________________________________

At the Bunker, Balto was placed on the table with Oliver by his side as Curtis, Felicity and Kohn heal Balto from his wound. With John's ring helping, Felicity and Curtis were able to remove the bullet from his side. Now all to do was to wait for Balto to recover.

"What are we going to do with him?" John asked Oliver looking at the wolf-dog.

"I've been thinking about it for a while, and... I think I'm going to adopt him." Oliver said.

"Wait, really?" Laurel said.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Roy asked. "What will people say when they find out?"

"Don't know, don't care. But I made my decision and besides, he needs a home and love." Oliver said.

"Awww, I like it. He'll be a great addition to the family and team." Felicity said.

Oliver then walked up to Balto who is still sleeping. He then pets him on head.

"I'll see you later, bud." Oliver said with a smile.
   __________________________________

Balto starts to wake up and sees that he is in a green armored room with computers and weapons. He then sees Oliver standing in front of him in his Green Arrow costume. He was shocked to see that Oliver is the Green Arrow. Oliver walks up to him scratching his ears. Balto looked at Oliver and still saw those compassionate eyes.

"Hey bud, I never got to say thank you for saving me out there." Oliver said as continues to pet him. Balto just smiles at him.

"I've been thinking about this. Ever since I met you, you have been a great friend to me." Oliver said.

Balto was wondering what he was meaning

Balto was wondering what he was meaning. Oliver then pulls out of his pocket a dog collar with a green arrow shaped dog tag with Balto's name on it with Oliver's phone number. Balto was shocked and knew what this means.

"What do you say pal? You want to live with me forever?" Oliver said.

Balto, in complete joy, jumped into Oliver's lap and began licking him. Oliver laughed but wrapped his arms around Balto hugging him. Oliver then places the collar around his neck. It was official. Balto now belongs to Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow.

"Welcome to the family

"Welcome to the family." Oliver said. Balto licked his face and looked at his tag. He was truly happy. He finally found a home.