Chapter 1: Living Life as a Stray

In Star City, it is a busy city with lots of people working and crime here and there. Luckily, The Green Arrow and his team are there to protect this city. Not only Green Arrow, but other superheroes in different cities. One of the things going on is a stray wolf-dog named Balto. This mutt was part Wolf and part Husky, people who see him in the city think he's dangerous. While the local dogs especially Steele, the champion of the racing dogs teases and bullies him. The only friend he has is a goose named Boris who took care of him. There was another husky who liked Balto, her name was Jenna.

Right now, Balto was wondering through the alleyways looking for something to eat. He looks for food in the trash and he found a chicken leg to eat. He grabs it with his mouth and starts walking with it home. As he walks, he sees people staring at him, shifting away from him. He didn't care, he just wanted to get home and stay out of trouble. He continues to walk until he bumps into a man. He then looks up at the man and soon recognize him. It was Oliver Queen, owner of Queen Consolidated.

Oliver looks down at him with not fear or hate, but with compassion

Oliver looks down at him with not fear or hate, but with compassion. He then kneels down and pets him behind the ear and smiles at him. For a moment when they both looked at each other in the eyes, there was a spark connection between them. He then pats him on the head and walks away. Balto then continues his way home.

He takes it to his home in an abandoned junkyard where Boris is. His home in the junkyard is a little hut made out of trash. Boris then sees Balto coming home for another walk.

 Boris then sees Balto coming home for another walk

"So, did anything new happened today?" Boris asked.

Balto was about to say that he met Oliver Queen, but decided not to.

"No, nothing new." He said as he begins dining on his food.

"Are you sure?" Boris asked him.

"Yes, I'm sure." Balto said as he went back to eating.

After eating, he then went back into the city to explore. As he walks into the park he sees Jenna playing with her owner Rosie and her parents. He smiles at her. He was about to go over there, but he saw Steele coming and decided to leave. As he was leaving, Jenna saw him leaving and was going talk to him, Steele stood in her way.

"Hey, there beautiful." Steele said to her.

Oh, hi Steele." Jenna said.

"So, you want to go on a walk with me?" He asked.

Just as she was about to answer no, Rosie called her.

"Jenna, come on, we're going home." she said.

"Sorry Steele, but I gotta go." Jenna said as she walks home.

Steele knows she has feelings for that half-breed, but she will be his. One day she will be.

Balto is back home just staring at the sky thinking about him finding a better home. Just as he's about to go to sleep, he hears a noise. His ears twitch at the sound trying to hear it better. He probably thinks it's Steele and his gang coming over to tease him, but as he gets a better look, he is surprised to see what he is looking at. It was Oliver Queen with a brown paper bag in his hand. He was looking around until he saw Balto.

The man sensed Balto's amber gaze and turned his own blue stare to the wolf-dog's. Balto immediately shrunk back from sight but he heard a few whistles and a "Come here boy."

Balto looked out from behind the hut again and saw the man waiting patiently for me to come out, in a crouched position. Balto saw nothing but gentleness in his eyes.

Taking a leap of faith on the man, Balto carefully stepped out from behind the hut with his ears pinned back. He held his head and tail low. With each step closer, a smile appeared on Oliver's face. He looked so hopeful in the canine that Balto made his steps a little faster to see his face closer. He'd never met a human so trusting in him.

Balto stopped in front of the man, who reached out his hand to pat the Wolf-dog on the head. Balto flinched back instinctively but Oliver was patient with him and just titled Balto's head up, easing it up high on his shoulders.

"You don't have to be afraid." Oliver assured while smiling. "I heard your name is Balto. Well mine is Oliver."

Balto slowly smiled back at the man, tail begins to wag with happiness.

"I thought you would like something to eat?" Oliver said as he pulls out of the bag some chicken meat for him

Balto then starts wolfing down the food with happiness. Oliver continues to pet him while he eats.

Neither noticed Boris smiling down at them.