Chapter 2: Oliver and Balto

The next day, on Balto's walkabout, he made it to the Queens Consolidated building. He then sat somewhere no one would bother and waited for Oliver to come out. A few hours pass and Oliver finally comes out to see Balto waiting for him.

Balto and Oliver then started to go on walks together throughout the city. For that day, Balto and Oliver spent a lot of time together, playing and going on walks. Oliver would always come to Balto's home and drop off food. He then meet Oliver's friends; Felicity Smoak and John Diggle, the two were surprised to see Balto, but they were very kind to him.

Occasionally people watched with astonishment at the interaction but it eventually became common knowledge. It made the local dogs more distant from the wolf-dog and it made Oliver being questioned about this relationship with the wolf-dog from reporters and citizens. Some said that the stray wolf-dog was dangerous, but Oliver disagreed and defended Balto.

Balto would love being with Oliver after him working. Balto would always wait for Oliver to come out and play with him. One day, when he was waiting, Jenna showed up to him.

"Hey, Balto." Jenna said.

"Oh, hey Jenna." He replied.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm just waiting for Oliver to come out." Balto answered.

"He seems to like you." Jenna said.

"He's the first person to love me for who I am.  Balto said.

"Wow, that's really sweet." Jenna said.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later." Jenna said as she leaves to go home.

"Bye." Balto said.

Finally, Oliver Queen comes out of work  Balto wags his tail in delight to see him.

"Hey boy! Ready to play?" Oliver asked. Balto bark in response and together they played fetch with a frisbee. It was a fun time together.
  __________________________________

Oliver and Balto along with Felicity and John watched the dog race from the crowd. Oliver was leaning against the railing while Balto sat on the railing. All were watching intently, ready to see who will win.

They watched as a flare flew into the sky, announcing the leader of the race was only a quarter mile away. It was interesting for Oliver to watched. It then come to surprise when the fastest dog appeared around the corner, the leader of the team being Steele, one of Balto's main antagonists.

Oliver looked at Balto dryly, having seen the black and white husky picking on the wolf-dog multiple times in the past few weeks, and said "What a glory hound."

Balto barked loudly in laughter, gaining the attention from nearby bystanders. Oliver laughed along with Balto, making people turn away with astonished looks on how Oliver could so easily react with an animal that had the potential to be dangerous.

"He's one friendly wolf." John said to Oliver.

"Yes he is." He said while smiling at Balto.

"He's such a sweetheart." Felicity said while petting him.

Oliver's gaze drifted down to the finish line, where he saw a red husky named Jenna and her owner Rosie. The man nudged his companion and teasingly "Look Balto! It's your girlfriend!"