Chapter 5 - Steeped In Chaos

Chapter Five

Steeped In Chaos

The lessons had finally come to an end, the Norse having played his role well. He had at least managed to succeed in getting a fresh perspective into some of the hunter's minds in regards to fighting opponents that had the physical advantage.

Artemis strolled over to the clearing in the middle of the camp while Percy was fielding questions from the hunters, wrapping up the last dregs of training for the day. It wouldn't be long before Thalia or Atalanta would begin his training, flipping the script, as was the orders of the Goddess.

Artemis found herself briefly lost in a reverie, able to watch the easy cohesion between them with a refreshed sense of enjoyment. The moment had come and gone just as quickly though as their business on Olympus could wait no longer.

Percy had seemingly noticed the sense of urgency written across her face and nodded to her once he'd answered the last question, allowing Artemis to take over in addressing the Hunt.

"Perseus and I are being summoned to Olympus on urgent business and unfortunately Zeus is becoming restless so I can't put it off any longer. Thalia is in charge until we return, I expect you to behave yourselves, I know you're likely wanting to put these new skills into practice but it can wait." Artemis told them, looking around to issue a stern glare to some of the more headstrong hunters that she knew would likely be the perpetrators if there were any problems.

"What's so special about this boy that you have to take him with you for business on Olympus?" A girl from the crowd asked with venom laced in her voice. While it was true that Percy was making tremendous strides in his hereto impossible task, resistance from others was inevitable.

Percy, indifferent as ever, couldn't help but smile. The hunter was a daughter of Ares, she had to be, and he knew exactly how he would approach this.

"I'm sorry, I never got your name, but, hold that thought. I'm requested because there really isn't anyone else like me in creation, not anymore. I'm neither God nor Demigod, but I am the last of my kind, and far, far stronger than Greek Demigods. It probably also helps that I have a true weapon of mass destruction." he added with a playful grin as he picked up the solid pole of indestructible metal.

He effortlessly twirled the weapon in his hand before it shined and morphed into a dazzlingly bright axe that he held with such natural ease, all before handing it to the girl that had tried to show him up.

"Look after it for me will you?" he asked with a bright smile as the Ares girl fell over and hit the dirt. She was trapped underneath the unfathomable heft of the axe, unable to move no matter how hard she tried.

"Perseus." Artemis warned but with a glint of amusement in her eyes.

"Fine, sorry." he said, lazily holding his hand out. The axe shot into his grip upon its master's command, returning Percy to that naturally glowing state he held whenever he had his weapon in hand.

He effortlessly threw his axes into the heft of a nearby tree, marking the campsite as something under his uniquely divine protection. Any monsters that were strong enough not to be driven to suicide by his presence would likely not approach knowing that he would salt the earth with their ashes upon his return.

She flashed them out of the camp but not straight into the throne room, they were just outside the huge doors that overlooked the city of Olympus.

"You look good with an axe, must be the Scandinavian thing." Artemis told him quietly, not daring to grant him her eyes.