Chapter 4 - Night Games

Chapter Four

Night Games

Percy told Apollo that Aphrodite was coming along to which the sun God just shrugged.

"It just means that she's likely to invite a few others. Which means that this will likely turn into a repeat of last year's New Year's Eve party. Gods, that one hurt a lot." Apollo frowned with a tilted head. He suddenly got a message that was focused solely inside his mind.

"OK, they're all going to meet us there. We're going to get some pre-drinks at Dionysus' place." Apollo told him.

The God placed his hand on Percy's shoulder and the next thing he knew they were in a quite small bar area surrounded by immortals. Off to the side was the exit which revealed that they were on a street that had many clubs.

"Where are we Apollo?" Percy asked, turning to the bar where Apollo had immediately gone over to. Apollo pulled out two wallets, one that was clearly his and another simpler version which he handed to Percy.

"Portugal Perce, we're in Albufeira. Dionysus, owns this place and after we're all merry we'll hit the strip." Apollo beamed at him. It was then that Percy noticed that one of the bar girls was one of the Goddesses that huddled around him earlier on.

"Here. Inside the wallet is ten drachma. None of the drinks here will cost any money Perce but in the mortal clubs each drachma will appear to be one hundred euro notes. Remember to keep hold of the change they give you." Apollo grinned, placing an order to which the girl barely noticed.

"Seems like you're already catching eyes, Perce." he whispered when the barmaid turned around.

"Yeah." he coughed with a slight blush, "She was one of the Goddesses that ambushed me on Olympus." he grinned back at the sun God. The smell of Perfume was in the air and when Percy turned around he saw Aphrodite walking towards them alongside another man in a suit.

"Apollo, why are we here?" Hermes asked incredulously, obviously not planning on staying around. He was far too busy sending messages and delivering parcels to go out on a social call. Apollo grinned nonetheless.

"You were in the council Hermes, Percy here is the first male member assigned to Artie's Hunt. He's not been asked to take any of those vows or any of that crap but she mentioned me taking him out, so that's exactly what I'm going to do." Apollo's grin turned into an evil smirk as Hermes started to understand the situation.

"Well whatever you do, don't corrupt him too much." Hermes laughed before flashing out.

"What are you drinking, Perce?" Apollo turned back to the Demigod in their company.

"Mead if you have it." he smiled, not really knowing what he was supposed to be approaching. They'd taken him to Portugal purely because the age for drinking was a lot lower than America or even the UK, which was Aphrodite's first choice.

Low morals, and inhibitions... Supposedly.

Aphrodite wrinkle her nose at the mention of honeyed wine.

"Two vodkas." Aphrodite told the barmaid who nodded then started to flip bottles and cans until two tall glasses had been filled with ice and liquids. Percy looked at it cautiously before he took a drink. It was surprisingly good to him. More Gods and Goddesses all filled into Dionysus' bar before the night began to take full swing.

"Let's go. The strip needs to be hit with some divine force!" Apollo told them. They all agreed before heading out of Dionysus' place and straight over to the first club they saw.